Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

43 minutes ago, Swarley said:

I bet they wouldn't be giving you this many problems if you were trying to sign her up for a credit card or a loan! 

They've rejected the optician letter too. 

Done. Going elsewhere. 

12 hours ago, TxRover said:

I’d love for you to walk into an RBS with a printout of their own rules and their rejection letter and ask the Branch Manager “What the f**k is wrong with you people?”

Branch managers in most high at banks have no leeway any more

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The pedantic c***s will reject that on the basis it's not addressed to your daughter and only shows where you live, not her. In fairness, they'd be right but the initial problem is their stupid requirement.  

Just now, scottsdad said:

Done. Going elsewhere. 

Called it.

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Done. Going elsewhere. 

Am looking forward to your appearance in the Compo Face thread. Remember to tell your daughter to point at the RBS whilst looking as pissed off as possible whilst the photographer takes your photo. 

Edited by Swarley

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Done. Going elsewhere. 

Fire a complaint in and see if you can get some cash out them. 

I complained to Nationwide after a guy told me that my address would be updated within 24 hours. 3 days later it still hadn’t updated (couldn’t apply for a loan with the way my address was formatted in their system or some nonsense like that). They gave me £50 straight into my current account and sent out a letter with a wee leaflet on how I could complain further to the Ombudsman if I wanted to 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Fire a complaint in and see if you can get some cash out them. 

I complained to Nationwide after a guy told me that my address would be updated within 24 hours. 3 days later it still hadn’t updated (couldn’t apply for a loan with the way my address was formatted in their system or some nonsense like that). They gave me £50 straight into my current account and sent out a letter with a wee leaflet on how I could complain further to the Ombudsman if I wanted to 

I will. Their calls are recorded so they'll have the "Does she have any letters from the HMRC?" call on file somewhere. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Done. Going elsewhere. 

My Youngest 2 both have GoHenry accounts, you can also still access the accounts from your own app.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

My Youngest 2 both have GoHenry accounts, you can also still access the accounts from your own app.

Weans better be getting allowance when they cook.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

They get a roof over their heads, what more do they want?

Dees season tickets. Punishment too far.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Dees season tickets. Punishment too far.

I have had a full rant about Season ticket prices in the Prem forum, I do not want to be triggered by going back to that discussion, £850 for myself and 2 teenagers is pretty f**kin horrendous.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have had a full rant about Season ticket prices in the Prem forum, I do not want to be triggered by going back to that discussion, £850 for myself and 2 teenagers is pretty f**kin horrendous.

Sorry mate, didn't mean to trigger. Us lowborn don't venture into that forum.

5 hours ago, hk blues said:

That would result in a minter as we say in Dundee.

Here is what the website says - what are you seeing that's different?

1. Provide proof of ID (like a passport), plus proof of your current address for yourself and the child or teen you’re opening the account for.

That statement alone is not indicative of a requirement to prove an address for the child. The sentence is constructed poorly, and could be interpreted several ways. Add to that that the specified requirements for opening a Child’s account, if you are NOT a current RBS account holder, do not explicitly require proof of child’s address, and it can easily be read to require the adults address and either a statement the child lives with you or it may presume that.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Love myself a full reel 🎶

Two highland games in one weekend coming up which includes a pipeband championship, can't wait! 

I’ve the delights of Musselburgh sports centre this weekend but going to Nairn games next week.