Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, microdave said:

Aye, people are weird. They wouldn't think about buying stuff for Christmas this early but as soon as it goes on sale, they'll snap it up thinking they can spread the cost over four months but I'd bet that they'll just eat it fairly soon after buying it. Meanwhile, the supermarkets think there's a demand for it and try selling it a bit earlier each year. Vicious circle. 

Where I am they call it the 'ber months so the festive season will start tomorrow.  The shopping centres will have the decorations up and the xmas songs will be ringing out. 

I love Christmas but not in September. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Had a chuckle reading this. Purely because when I read the first two paragraphs I was thinking of my trip last month to the Topography of Terror in Berlin :lol: 

They maybe employ some auld codger to do it all it day. Had a guy at one point move in front of me while I was reading as if I wasn't even there. Some folk have absolutely no personal awareness. 

To be fair, the folk that annoyed me to the point of posting were actually a young couple in their early 20s. 

Stood directly in front of one of the exhibits for ages and began having a conversation between themselves blissfully unaware they were blocking everyone else from seeing what was on the wall. 

"X, formerly Twitter".

One of the biggest roasters on the planet tactically rebranded the platform. Just refer to it as X, and, hopefully the profile of this odious individual logarithmically declines to zero.

Also, big thumbs up to Brasil today.

22 minutes ago, Dan Electro said:

"X, formerly Twitter".

One of the biggest roasters on the planet tactically rebranded the platform. Just refer to it as X, and, hopefully the profile of this odious individual logarithmically declines to zero.

Also, big thumbs up to Brasil today.

Don't think Robert Reich's ideas will resonate much with MAGA 'Murca..........

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/aug/30/elon-musk-wealth-power

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Where I am they call it the 'ber months so the festive season will start tomorrow.  The shopping centres will have the decorations up and the xmas songs will be ringing out. 

I love Christmas but not in September. 

Can confirm. Had a couple of days in Manila last year in early October and the girls serving breakfast in the hotel had those reindeer antler things on their head. . 

People who put their mobile in their back pocket.

The risk of theft or sitting on it IS ABSOLUTELY INTOLERABLE TO ME EVEN IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!???  WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!????

On 30/08/2024 at 03:11, Eednud said:

It’s the penultimate day of our winter and they just can’t help themselves.

IMG_0575.jpeg

This was Morrisons on Wednesday evening:

IMG-20240828-WA0002.thumb.jpg.e8b108bc29d8b68495a17ae994bbe0ac.jpg

IMG-20240828-WA0001.thumb.jpg.aa8f62357952751860930f44c0f2da2f.jpg

Not really petty more infuriating if I'm honest but my wife just got told it would £40 in a taxi from Glasgow to Paisley, it was a black cab from a rank. I checked Uber and they quoted £23 with Renfrewshire cabs it was £20. Didn't divulge how expensive it would be until they were moving. Robbing b*****ds. 

Edited by thomas

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wanted to watch the EFL highlights on ITV X.

Except they don't let you fast forward. What utter f**king w**k.

ITVX is a massive pain in the arse so if I don't catch the highlights when they're on then easier to sack it off and scour social media for them.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Not really petty more infuriating if I'm honest but my wife just got told it would £40 in a taxi from Glasgow to Paisley, it was a black cab from a rank. I checked Uber and they quoted £23 with Renfrewshire cabs it was £20. Didn't divulge how expensive it would but until they were moving. Robbing b*****ds. 

Why didn't she just book an Uber then? Presumably she was unable to get the train.

24 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

ITVX is a massive pain in the arse so if I don't catch the highlights when they're on then easier to sack it off and scour social media for them.

Aye think I'll just try social media from now on. An utter f**king nonsense from ITV X to make you sit through the entire show no matter when you want to watch. Wouldn't even mind if they added their adverts in when you skipped (I just mute the TV when adverts are on), but to have to sit through the entire show is just silly.

Bet it's some utter boomer corporate w**k who still fumes about the internet and folk working at home who made that call!