N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Kings are a team of destiny. Down 0-3 in the first series and beat the Sharks. Should've lost to the Ducks 4-1, if it weren't for a last second goal in the first game. Kings are gonna win the Cup.

Hawks made it a series when it looked like the Kings had their number.

Couple of line changes from Q seemed to have freed up Kane in gm5 but he showed just how good he is tonight.

Crawford also immense - quite a rebound from him after a poor series

Winner takes all on Sunday for a date at home with New York on Wednesday.

(ticket price for games 3 & 4 at MSG are reportedly $1150 - will obviously only increase once opponent known)

Personally been getting my hockey fix in the form of the Calder Cup playoffs with the Marlies forcing a game 7 against texas which is tonight. Duno if il watch it though as I have work tomorrow morning :(

• 2 weeks later...

LA in 5

2 Cups in 3yrs (or last 2 non-lockout seasons) is good going.

Hawks v Kings was the big one as it didn't really look likely that the Rangers would do anything in final

King Henrik tried his best and pushed 3 games to OT but the biggest surprise was that it wasn't finished before the WC started

• 3 months later...

Pre-season has wet my appetite already can't wait for the 8th of October

Purchased a 10-game pack for the Calgary Flames this season, along with 5 mates so will make a few games this season, even though I'm not a Flames fan!

Also bit the bullet and got the Centre Ice package for the telly...$200 for the season, should keep me entertained and let me follow the Bruins easily ;)

Anyone in a fantasy league this season?