N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I’m finding the manslaughter / murder claims, many from people who haven’t watched a game of hockey in their lives, to be really distasteful. And wrong.

He catches an edge after he makes contact with the other player. At that speed it sends him flying. At first I thought it was reckless, but having seen the slow-mo replay I’m not convinced he could have done anything to avoid it.

Bizarrely the MAGA crowd are turning this into a race issue and calling it a hate crime against white people. What the f**k…

5 minutes ago, S7C said:

I’m finding the manslaughter / murder claims, many from people who haven’t watched a game of hockey in their lives, to be really distasteful. And wrong.

He catches an edge after he makes contact with the other player. At that speed it sends him flying. At first I thought it was reckless, but having seen the slow-mo replay I’m not convinced he could have done anything to avoid it.

Bizarrely the MAGA crowd are turning this into a race issue and calling it a hate crime against white people. What the f**k…

The amount of Americans who've seen "the police are investigating" and seem to think this means they're beating a confession out of him or something is really strange. Well not that strange. Can only agree with the assessment of the hit, although I think he tried too hard to make contact with someone who was slightly out of reach which helped put him off balance and swung him round the way it did. 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

This has to be my favourite stat ever... 

After Arizona Coyotes 8-1 win. Carcone gets his first hattrick, while Liam O'brien and Jack McBain both got Gordy Howe hattricks. All off which are bottom end, hard working and not well known players.

The last time 2 players from the same team got a Gordy Howe Hattrick was by the original Winnipeg Jets (now Arizona Coyotes) in 1988! 

And one of the players was Jack McBain's fucking dad 🤯😂

Thoroughly enjoyed watching St. Louis absolutely annihilate Colorado last night. Delighted for Schenn and Buchnevich both getting hat tricks! I still don't think this team is a million miles away from competing for a wild card place, but they're pretty inconsistent.

4 hours ago, S7C said:

An utterly ridiculous decision to arrest.

Is it? The police are (understandably) investigating the circumstances surrounding the death.

Is it not quite likely as part of that investigation he'll be arrested, interviewed under caution, and then released without charge?

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Is it? The police are (understandably) investigating the circumstances surrounding the death.

Is it not quite likely as part of that investigation he'll be arrested, interviewed under caution, and then released without charge?

You’re likely right.

I find the baying for blood around Petgrave to be really distasteful and frustrating to read, which contributed towards my initial reaction.

On 12/11/2023 at 13:19, Zanetti said:

Thoroughly enjoyed watching St. Louis absolutely annihilate Colorado last night. Delighted for Schenn and Buchnevich both getting hat tricks! I still don't think this team is a million miles away from competing for a wild card place, but they're pretty inconsistent.

They were awesome! Avs have been dodgy but after suffering the Blues bundle over the line against the Coyotes (pure raging!), I don't think anyone expected that performance. 

In a way it's a bad result for us, but you have to appreciate it. There were a few mental games going on that night.

Expecting a pasting for the Coyotes tonight, got a bad feeling about this one. Dallas have just started to click.

Spoiler

I wonder if the Cannucks are looking up open top bus companies yet... 👀🤫

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2023 at 20:52, Miguel Sanchez said:

Sadly it seems like he really didn't have sex with Bedard's maw

I'm actually glad tbh, Bedard seems a really good lad. The lack of detials isn't helping the speculation though. 

My theory is he's pulled a sneak O'boyle in the bog, or he's got leary with a sponsors wife/daughter 🤷‍♂️

20 hours ago, Spyro said:

I'm actually glad tbh, Bedard seems a really good lad. The lack of detials isn't helping the speculation though. 

My theory is he's pulled a sneak O'boyle in the bog, or he's got leary with a sponsors wife/daughter 🤷‍♂️

It's the NHL, half of them or more are on the snow

5 hours ago, Torpar said:

It's the NHL, half of them or more are on the snow

This is true. I suppose, like the St J situation, no one is that bothered about the actual act. All the drama comes from whatever grassing c**t catches you and needs to be a hero who can't keep it quiet! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, RuMoore said:

Who is everybody's chosen team?

I've been following New Jersey Devils after seeing them live and they seem to be either really good or really bad. 

Jack Hughes is the boi. 

Seattle Kraken.

My wife is from the Seattle area, so I follow all their teams (apart from The NFL, I had picked the Saints before I knew her)