The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Tatty Boabie

Shite day. Not only did Stenny lose in the last minute, but Leeds come unstuck at Carlisle. This will not help my attempts to reduce my alcohol consumption. :(

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Shite day. Not only did Stenny lose in the last minute, but Leeds come unstuck at Carlisle. This will not help my attempts to reduce my alcohol consumption. :(

To be honest I expected us to loose today and I have a feeling a few more defeats are on the cards, Poyet leaving may have been bigger than most fans realised and I have a fear that Bassett is not the man to replace Poyet.

Feeling rather worried just now.

As a long time Carlisle fan I was delighted to see them hump Leeds to stay clear at the top of League 1. The Cumbrians have a record in recent years of making an arse of these big top of the table games and so it was extra sweet to get it right against Leeds B)

Edited by RedWeb

Lucky for Leeds they got rid of Neil Sullivan. He was in goal for Doncaster away at Swindon yesterday. Zaboub for change put in another useless cross which trickled along the floor, which somehow Sullivan managed to let slip through his body, hit the back of his heels and spin out causing a goal mouth scramble allowing Cox to score for Swindon to make it 1-1 (had him to score 1st at 7/1 :()

To be fair, all 3 goals in that match were all keeper and defensive erros. A rareity from me, but we did deserve to lose, so can't complain at Doncaster going back up north with all 3 points.

Leeds are the big boys in League 1. Whilst it will be hard to have a pop at Leeds, all the clubs will get numbers and have a pop at Leeds on home soil. Think Millwall who did, will be only one of a few who will take a proper firm there and go looking for it.

Matches v Huddersfield and Forest (although Forest have a hell of alot banned at the moment and think the Bristol City incident from last season is still on going) could be interesting.

While at a pub just outside Preston station waiting to come back to Glasgow from the Everton game, some Leeds Service Crew came in and we got chatting to them, and I thought they were pretty sound lads but did sound a bit mental, proudly proclaiming there was loads of bother in Carlisle and that numerous pubs had been smashed to feck.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
While at a pub just outside Preston station waiting to come back to Glasgow from the Everton game, some Leeds Service Crew came in and we got chatting to them, and I thought they were pretty sound lads but did sound a bit mental, proudly proclaiming there was loads of bother in Carlisle and that numerous pubs had been smashed to feck.

Well as a true 100% Leeds United fan, I wish those said "b*****ds" would just feck off and go & rot somewhere, they are not Leeds United & never ever will be.

Well as a true 100% Leeds United fan, I wish those said "b*****ds" would just feck off and go & rot somewhere, they are not Leeds United & never ever will be.

they are probably more representative of Leeds than an Irishman who posts on a Scottish Football website.

Guest Tatty Boabie
they are probably more representative of Leeds than an Irishman who posts on a Scottish Football website.

No, with all due respect, I would have to agree with Rinky here. I was born in Leeds, and grew up supporting them. Okay, now I live in Scotland and follow Stenny, which were a team who I followed their results from the age of 9.

I too wish that these arseholes, who associate themselves with and who only continue to tarnish the name of Leeds United would get to f**k.

The fact that Rinky Sidebottom is Irish and posts on a Scottish Football website has nothing to do with it. As far as I'm concerned both myself and Rinky Sidebottom are more representative of Leeds and Leeds United than the minority of tossers that we are talking about.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
No, with all due respect, I would have to agree with Rinky here. I was born in Leeds, and grew up supporting them. Okay, now I live in Scotland and follow Stenny, which were a team who I followed their results from the age of 9.

I too wish that these arseholes, who associate themselves with and who only continue to tarnish the name of Leeds United would get to f**k.

The fact that Rinky Sidebottom is Irish and posts on a Scottish Football website has nothing to do with it. As far as I'm concerned both myself and Rinky Sidebottom are more representative of Leeds and Leeds United than the minority of tossers that we are talking about.

Agreed. I would however question what Latino Lover thought my being Irish and posting on a Scottish website had anything to do with it. I have lived in Scotland for many years, perhaps more years than most on the forum have been born and I have followed Scottish football since I came over here with my parents many years ago. I have supported Leeds United for over 30 years and up until the birth of my first child in the mid 90's, I went to at least 10 home games and 10 away games every season. I now travel to about 3 or 4 home games and try to get to all the away games from Nottingham up. I have witnessed the good and bad times at the club, been there when we won games that were out of this world and there when we lost to lower clubs in cups, I witnessed the crying when we got relegated and lost in the League Cup Final but also watched all the happiness when we beat Liverpool at ER through Viduka's 4 goal thriller (best game ever)

I love the city of Leeds and it's people, they are passionate about everything and proud of their city, a bit like Glaswegians, but there are those in & around the city who for whatever reason use football and Leeds United in particular to promote and use violence against others and voice their racial hatred of all things different to them. I hate those people and do not want anything to do with them, I would rather not go to a game than sit anywhere near them, which annoys me as I love my football.

Leeds United fans have a reputation for being violent & racists and yet I can honestly say I have never actually met one, the ones I meet in and around the hotels of Leeds are usually Irish or Scots and have just as much of a passion for Leeds United as I do, violence and racial intolerance is not on their minds.

The lads I meet from the city of Leeds have been by far friendly and confident, usually interested in who I support from Ireland or Scotland, and don't appear to me to be that happy with the 'hooligans' that follow the club.

It is the minority, as it is in most cases, who taint the clubs name and I would reiterate what I already stated in my initial post, I wish they would just feck off.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie
Agreed. I would however question what Latino Lover thought my being Irish and posting on a Scottish website had anything to do with it. I have lived in Scotland for many years, perhaps more years than most on the forum have been born and I have followed Scottish football since I came over here with my parents many years ago. I have supported Leeds United for over 30 years and up until the birth of my first child in the mid 90's, I went to at least 10 home games and 10 away games every season. I now travel to about 3 or 4 home games and try to get to all the away games from Nottingham up. I have witnessed the good and bad times at the club, been there when we won games that were out of this world and there when we lost to lower clubs in cups, I witnessed the crying when we got relegated and lost in the League Cup Final but also watched all the happiness when we beat Liverpool at ER through Viduka's 4 goal thriller (best game ever)

I love the city of Leeds and it's people, they are passionate about everything and proud of their city, a bit like Glaswegians, but there are those in & around the city who for whatever reason use football and Leeds United in particular to promote and use violence against others and voice their racial hatred of all things different to them. I hate those people and do not want anything to do with them, I would rather not go to a game than sit anywhere near them, which annoys me as I love my football.

Leeds United fans have a reputation for being violent & racists and yet I can honestly say I have never actually met one, the ones I meet in and around the hotels of Leeds are usually Irish or Scots and have just as much of a passion for Leeds United as I do, violence and racial intolerance is not on their minds.

The lads I meet from the city of Leeds have been by far friendly and confident, usually interested in who I support from Ireland or Scotland, and don't appear to me to be that happy with the 'hooligans' that follow the club.

It is the minority, as it is in most cases, who taint the clubs name and I would reiterate what I already stated in my initial post, I wish they would just feck off.

Excellent post.

good post, fair enough I made the assumption that as you were Irish and on here then Leeds would your second team and you would never of have seen them play like chaps in the ManU/Liverpool threads. You have my apologies and best wishes for tonigh as Leeds are on my coupon.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Bournemouth 1 v Leeds 3 (Kandol 4, Carole 54, Kandol 86) :rolleyes:

Too many people trying to get into watch the game, so they are still playing.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Bournemouth 1 v Leeds 3 (Kandol 4, Carole 54, Kandol 86) :rolleyes:

Too many people trying to get into watch the game, so they are still playing.

YES....FULL TIME (1-3) :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: