The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

I made a decision this season NOT to go to the games against Millwall, Cardiff & Nottm Forest on the basis of previous experience with the minority of fans from these clubs.

A small amount of Leeds fans may not be the worlds best by any matter of means but put that lot of numpties with the numpties from the above clubs and you are bound to have trouble, so in my opinion it's much easier to stay away.

Despite me complaining about our rubbish 1700 allocation from you lot, I now have to get rid of my ticket as the match is on November 17th. Country before club all the time. Will be a great day all round if Scotland and Swindon win. But Scotland always has and always will come 1st.

For anyone else, willing to trade my ticket in the away end at Leeds for the match v Swindon for your Scotland v Italy ticket :lol:. Don't all rush at once to send me a message!!!

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Well Poyet has left us and returned to North London, fair play to the lad he always appeared to give his all at Leeds and was popular with the majority of the fans, I hope things work out for him at Spurs.

Now that we have a vacant position at Leeds, that of Assistant Manager, I wonder just who will come in or move up to the job.

The usual names will be stated by Leeds fans:

David Batty (to give an element of knowing what it is like to be 100% Leeds United)

King Lucas (Coz he is god)

Gary Mac (not working at present and has always stated he's like to manage his old club, so this position could be a good learning curve for both himself and Wise)

Gary Speed (my outside bet, he's a former player for the club and has always stated his affection for the club and its fans, so first major step into management at his former club could be ideal)

Alan Thompson (currently given the job temporarily and I would be more than happy if he was given the position permanently, he's an experienced player who appears to have fitted in very well at Leeds (should have been with us before he went to Celtic, but the transfer fell through)

John Sheridan (managing Oldham just now and would find it hard to take a step down, that said he still lives in the Leeds area and he has supported them since birth, he also a former club captain)

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Well Poyet has left us and returned to North London, fair play to the lad he always appeared to give his all at Leeds and was popular with the majority of the fans, I hope things work out for him at Spurs.

Now that we have a vacant position at Leeds, that of Assistant Manager, I wonder just who will come in or move up to the job.

The usual names will be stated by Leeds fans:

David Batty (to give an element of knowing what it is like to be 100% Leeds United)

King Lucas (Coz he is god)

Gary Mac (not working at present and has always stated he's like to manage his old club, so this position could be a good learning curve for both himself and Wise)

Gary Speed (my outside bet, he's a former player for the club and has always stated his affection for the club and its fans, so first major step into management at his former club could be ideal)

Alan Thompson (currently given the job temporarily and I would be more than happy if he was given the position permanently, he's an experienced player who appears to have fitted in very well at Leeds (should have been with us before he went to Celtic, but the transfer fell through)

John Sheridan (managing Oldham just now and would find it hard to take a step down, that said he still lives in the Leeds area and he has supported them since birth, he also a former club captain)

Do you actually support a Scottish team? Not having a pop, just wondering.

Most the above wouldn't go to Leeds to be No.2, especially to Wise.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Do you actually support a Scottish team? Not having a pop, just wondering.

Most the above wouldn't go to Leeds to be No.2, especially to Wise.

I support Leeds and always have done, I follow Scottish football both senior and junior and have done for many years, people who know of me know who my Scottish team is and how passionate I am about them, I just don't see the point of blabbing it out to the masses on this forum.

As Wise has now been given a 3 match ban from the touchline, I would expect Thompson to be given the job for at least another month, although how he does this if he plays I do not know.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

According to the media today, Wise has spoken to Dave Bassett and Ray Wilkins about taking over the Assistant Manager position. I have nothing against either bloke but I do not want either of them at Leeds as I feel they have been at many clubs and nearly always they have been unsuccessful, therefore they don't posses the abilities required for the position.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
According to reports there were 100 met officers on duty at elland road on saturday.

Wise has appointed Bassett as assistant till the end of the season.

News to me. I was aware that Wise had mentioned to a few of West Yorkshire's finest journalists that he wanted to chat to a few people he knew could do the job, this included Bassett and Wilkins, but as such no announcement was imminent.

Dennis Wise has gone back to his 'Crazy Gang' days at Wimbledon to recruit former boss Dave 'Harry' Bassett as his new assistant at Leeds.

Wise saw Gus Poyet join up with Spurs this week and immediately phoned Bassett, 63, to ask if he would give his experience of 25 years in football management to the Whites' cause in League One.

Bassett agreed to take on the role until the end of the season and will join up with the team tomorrow ahead of Saturday's trip to leaders Carlisle.

No offical announcement on clubs website,but picked this up on the leeds message board i am member on.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Dennis Wise has gone back to his 'Crazy Gang' days at Wimbledon to recruit former boss Dave 'Harry' Bassett as his new assistant at Leeds.

Wise saw Gus Poyet join up with Spurs this week and immediately phoned Bassett, 63, to ask if he would give his experience of 25 years in football management to the Whites' cause in League One.

Bassett agreed to take on the role until the end of the season and will join up with the team tomorrow ahead of Saturday's trip to leaders Carlisle.

No offical announcement on clubs website,but picked this up on the leeds message board i am member on.

I think the word missing is "expected"

Guest Tatty Boabie
Just what I was thinking, a great appointment in my opinion.

Wonder what the odds are on the whole season undefeated??

Can't see that happening but yes, a good appointment.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Can't see that happening but yes, a good appointment.

I think I'm in the 'let us see' brigade here, I've never been a fan of anything about Bassett and his teams have nearly always played dire, physical football and so I can't say his appointment thrills me. I notice a new first team coach will be announced in the next few days, I would put a few bob on that being Ray Wilkins.

Guest Tatty Boabie
I think I'm in the 'let us see' brigade here, I've never been a fan of anything about Bassett and his teams have nearly always played dire, physical football and so I can't say his appointment thrills me. I notice a new first team coach will be announced in the next few days, I would put a few bob on that being Ray Wilkins.

I think it's a case of getting out of this division at the first attempt, despite the 15 point deduction. Leeds have always been a physical team, although I saw enough last Saturday to know that this current team can play some good football. I think this may be a short term appointment to get Leeds through this season and promoted.