The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Tatty Boabie
I'm very close to sticking £100 on Leeds to win tonight at 4/6.

Am i a lunatic or a very shrewd individual?

Undecided.

Anyway, all aboard, strap yourselves in tight, this could be a rocky ride.

I'm off to the pub to watch it.

Hope I haven't aged too much by the end of it.

Come on Leeds.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

0 - 0 and rather a bore if you want my opinion. Hereford did exactly what I thought they would, ran at the Leeds defence and played the high ball regularly. I didn't think we showed anything and perhaps a draw was a fare result.

De Costa had more clothes on tonight than a man going to the North Pole, it doesn't bode well for the January - March midweek games for the Portuguese lad.

Hereford should have scored 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, how earth the bloke missed the last minute goal I don't know, especially as the linesman didn't give him offside... :o

Still Leeds Carnegie beat Castres... :D

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie

Yes, it was a bit of a bore draw. Would like to have seen more from Leeds and my heart was in my mouth a few times, but hey ho, a replay at Castle Elland Road. Wonder what team he will put out for the replay?

Guest Tatty Boabie
No it wasn't. Also I would doubt any records will be broken.

I think you must be referring to the good old days, in the old Third Division North, where Carlisle v Workington Town attracted crowds of about 96000, and there was no need for any throw-ins, as the ball just bounced off the crowd and back into play.

The goalkeeper used to smoke a pipe when he didn't have much to do.

I think you must be referring to the good old days, in the old Third Division North, where Carlisle v Workington Town attracted crowds of about 96000, and there was no need for any throw-ins, as the ball just bounced off the crowd and back into play.

The goalkeeper used to smoke a pipe when he didn't have much to do.

No I'm refering to Carlisles Record attendance, 27500 FA cup v Boro' in 1970 (also v Birmingham). There were throw ins and none of the goalkeepers smoked a pipe.

Guest Tatty Boabie
No I'm refering to Carlisles Record attendance, 27500 FA cup v Boro' in 1970 (also v Birmingham). There were throw ins and none of the goalkeepers smoked a pipe.

You're kidding, right.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Big Doris is back from Leicester, having recovered from his foot injury - he could be playing on Tuesday night in the JPT v Bury.

Strange one that one, didn't think he was anything much first time around, but perhaps he had a lot to give in the dressing room and he is certainly experienced.

Tight old Leeds. You need the money, yet only give Swindon 1,800 tickets. Swindon sold these out and not getting anymore. I sold my ticket to a mate, due to it clashing with Scotland v Italy. Country 1st.

Still tight of Leeds, by sounds of it, we could have easily sold over 3,000 tickets. Most the away fans never bother though, so f**k em, give me a trip to Chesterfield to stand in the open terrace behind the goal over a glamour team any day of the week

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Tight old Leeds. You need the money, yet only give Swindon 1,800 tickets. Swindon sold these out and not getting anymore. I sold my ticket to a mate, due to it clashing with Scotland v Italy. Country 1st.

Still tight of Leeds, by sounds of it, we could have easily sold over 3,000 tickets. Most the away fans never bother though, so f**k em, give me a trip to Chesterfield to stand in the open terrace behind the goal over a glamour team any day of the week

Don't work for Leeds United so don't know how the ticket allocation works, that said I would imagine that the ticket marketing lad for the club has looked at the average away support from all the clubs and put an extra 10% due to it being at Leeds and come up with a number that should let all those wishing to attend the chance of doing so, if as you say Swindon want more then I would imagine that they haven't been given them due to the interest of Leeds fans for the game and as the away support has been in the corner yellow seats this season, I think the club is right to make sure their own fans are accommodated first. Not sure why this is being "tight."? Annoying for those who miss out, yes, but not tight, to be honest it has happened to Leeds most of this season when our away fans are usually more than the home teams home support.

Don't work for Leeds United so don't know how the ticket allocation works, that said I would imagine that the ticket marketing lad for the club has looked at the average away support from all the clubs and put an extra 10% due to it being at Leeds and come up with a number that should let all those wishing to attend the chance of doing so, if as you say Swindon want more then I would imagine that they haven't been given them due to the interest of Leeds fans for the game and as the away support has been in the corner yellow seats this season, I think the club is right to make sure their own fans are accommodated first. Not sure why this is being "tight."? Annoying for those who miss out, yes, but not tight, to be honest it has happened to Leeds most of this season when our away fans are usually more than the home teams home support.

In the past most teams got the behind the goal area. You're ground holds round 40,000. You could easily put 3,000 extra there. There will only be round 30,000 at the match, thus leaving 10,000 spare seats in the Leeds end. Glamour will fade off next season when you are in league 1 again

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
In the past most teams got the behind the goal area. You're ground holds round 40,000. You could easily put 3,000 extra there. There will only be round 30,000 at the match, thus leaving 10,000 spare seats in the Leeds end. Glamour will fade off next season when you are in league 1 again

Come on, at the rate we are going we could be champions by February.

The main stand at ER no longer has the top tier being used, so our crowd capacity is cut. As I said very few clubs bring enough away support to fill behind the goal, I certainly haven't seen that filled by any club outside of Man Ure, Liverpool and a few other prem. clubs.

Come on, at the rate we are going we could be champions by February.

I fear you're right. Will be a nightmere for me as my mate is a Leeds fan. Despite there 15 point disadvantage, I wouldn't take him up on a bet that Leeds would finish higher then Swindon and i gamble on everything. Had to settle for betting against my mate who supports QPR and hoping at Swindon finish in a higher posisition then them (despite different leagues)