The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
That league position of 4th looks great, 2 points off 1st place, particularly given the 15 point handicap we started with.

Beckford's 2nd goal was a bit special. It's been a truly woeful day with both the Italians & Isreal winning, but at least Leeds kept up their title run.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
2 points behind top spot the other teams must be worried as we keep winning while not playing very well.

I haven't felt this for some time (except during the Preston play off games) but we appear to have a team that is capable of getting us out of the league we are in and then some.

I've never taken to Wise, I guess I'll never like the ex Chelsea scum, but he has given us a team to be proud of again and I wouldn't change him for anyone else just now.

Marching on Together..... :thumsup2

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Guest Tatty Boabie
2 points behind top spot the other teams must be worried as we keep winning while not playing very well.

Quite right, I'd like to see us playing well, and give somebody a damn good thumping.

No mention of the clear goal Swindon had dissalowed for handball, despite Cox clearly heading the ball. The ref showed bias towards Leeds throughout the whole match (a rare match which i did not attend due to Scotland). Swindon had 7 players booked. Ref was a joke. Look forward to march in Swindon. You will go up, but will be nice to put one over Leeds before they do so. Then the real work starts for Wise.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
No mention of the clear goal Swindon had dissalowed for handball, despite Cox clearly heading the ball. The ref showed bias towards Leeds throughout the whole match (a rare match which i did not attend due to Scotland). Swindon had 7 players booked. Ref was a joke. Look forward to march in Swindon. You will go up, but will be nice to put one over Leeds before they do so. Then the real work starts for Wise.

I have always believed these things balance themselves out throughout the season, Leeds could argue the same at 2 or 3 away games this season and in particular last season.

I have always believed these things balance themselves out throughout the season, Leeds could argue the same at 2 or 3 away games this season and in particular last season.

Leeds were very lucky at home to Orient this season too (1st match that springs to mind). Good goal again dissalowed and a very harsh red card.

Just been informed that Shaun Derry has been loaned to Crystal Palace for 2 months.

My mate wants Wise out for the very purpose he does not play Shaun Derry. Despite him approaching 27 he has had his Leeds Utd Calander of 2005 stuck permantly in his kitchen with Shaun Derry on for the month of December

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
My mate wants Wise out for the very purpose he does not play Shaun Derry. Despite him approaching 27 he has had his Leeds Utd Calander of 2005 stuck permantly in his kitchen with Shaun Derry on for the month of December

Easy answer: Who gave Crystal Palace the Leeds team and some of the moves planned before our last game with them at ER last season? Hmmmm I wonder!

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Leeds were very lucky at home to Orient this season too (1st match that springs to mind). Good goal again dissalowed and a very harsh red card.

Agree with the goal that never was, I was at the match & I thought they had scored and so did everyone else around me. The sending off looked at the time a little harsh, but on watching on tv, it did look like he went for the player with his elbow, hence he was rightly sent off.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

I will lay off Leeds as not anti Leeds. A postive comment now, one of my fondest memories was a Tony Yeboah strike for Leeds v Liverpool about 10 years ago, a fantastic strike about 30 yards out. Any victory over Liverpool I enjoy.

Worst was when you lost to Oxford years ago in the cup, going back quite a few years, as I think Jim Magilton scored for them. Ah well justice has been served with them loitering in the conference with there c18 loving supporters.