The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

If you type in Bournemouth v Leeds in you tube, you will get 3 part movies of the game in 1990 when we won promotion back to the old 1st Division. I was at that game and it was truly awful as a spectacle of football and for the tw*ts who caused so much trouble before and after the game.

There is a couple of noticeable things on the movies, Howard Wilkinson wearing shorts and a full Leeds away kit and even more rare, an appearance by Jim Beglin!

Great day....I think!

Guest Tatty Boabie
If you type in Bournemouth v Leeds in you tube, you will get 3 part movies of the game in 1990 when we won promotion back to the old 1st Division. I was at that game and it was truly awful as a spectacle of football and for the tw*ts who caused so much trouble before and after the game.

There is a couple of noticeable things on the movies, Howard Wilkinson wearing shorts and a full Leeds away kit and even more rare, an appearance by Jim Beglin!

Great day....I think!

I remember watching Beglin once or maybe twice. He came to Leeds after a successful spell with Liverpool, and then picked up every injury going. Did he retire a Leeds player? I forget. The years of alcohol have taken their toll.

Guest Tatty Boabie
Looking forward to seeing tonight's FA Cup tie against Hereford

Got to say I'm a bit worried about this one. I painfully remember us coming unstuck at Cardiff a few years ago. :(

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Got to say I'm a bit worried about this one. I painfully remember us coming unstuck at Cardiff a few years ago. :(

That was in the good old days, remember we are a 3rd division team now so even if they did beat us it isn't a massive giant killing, more a one off. I remember the Colchester game and the Man City FA Cup game at ER when Harvey & McQueen thumped each other.

My own thoughts for tonight are that it will be uncomfortable for periods but we will come out on top by the odd goal. ;)

Agreed. I would however question what Latino Lover thought my being Irish and posting on a Scottish website had anything to do with it. I have lived in Scotland for many years, perhaps more years than most on the forum have been born and I have followed Scottish football since I came over here with my parents many years ago. I have supported Leeds United for over 30 years and up until the birth of my first child in the mid 90's, I went to at least 10 home games and 10 away games every season. I now travel to about 3 or 4 home games and try to get to all the away games from Nottingham up. I have witnessed the good and bad times at the club, been there when we won games that were out of this world and there when we lost to lower clubs in cups, I witnessed the crying when we got relegated and lost in the League Cup Final but also watched all the happiness when we beat Liverpool at ER through Viduka's 4 goal thriller (best game ever)

I love the city of Leeds and it's people, they are passionate about everything and proud of their city, a bit like Glaswegians, but there are those in & around the city who for whatever reason use football and Leeds United in particular to promote and use violence against others and voice their racial hatred of all things different to them. I hate those people and do not want anything to do with them, I would rather not go to a game than sit anywhere near them, which annoys me as I love my football.

Leeds United fans have a reputation for being violent & racists and yet I can honestly say I have never actually met one, the ones I meet in and around the hotels of Leeds are usually Irish or Scots and have just as much of a passion for Leeds United as I do, violence and racial intolerance is not on their minds.

The lads I meet from the city of Leeds have been by far friendly and confident, usually interested in who I support from Ireland or Scotland, and don't appear to me to be that happy with the 'hooligans' that follow the club.

It is the minority, as it is in most cases, who taint the clubs name and I would reiterate what I already stated in my initial post, I wish they would just feck off.

Very good post. Well done that man.

Guest Tatty Boabie
That was in the good old days, remember we are a 3rd division team now so even if they did beat us it isn't a massive giant killing, more a one off. I remember the Colchester game and the Man City FA Cup game at ER when Harvey & McQueen thumped each other.

My own thoughts for tonight are that it will be uncomfortable for periods but we will come out on top by the odd goal. ;)

Yes, but I don't like the fact that Wise is resting key players.

Not sure that is wise, if you'll excuse the pun.