The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Oh well looks like first home defeat tonight in the Johnson something cup, can't say I'm upset as I didn't even know we were playing till Sky Sports told me!

De Costa sent off and I reckon the lad will be gone by the end of the season, looks very fast but also looks like he only likes sunny, warm weather... :huh:

We were beat 1-2 and just under 19,000 attended the game at ER..amazing crowd for a pathetic cup.

Edited by Rinky Sidebottom

Oh well looks like first home defeat tonight in the Johnson something cup, can't say I'm upset as I didn't even know we were playing till Sky Sports told me!

De Costa sent off and I reckon the lad will be gone by the end of the season, looks very fast but also looks like he only likes sunny, warm weather... :huh:

You don't even know your own team's fixtures :blink:

Well done Bury. Wish we took the competition more seriously, knocked out in the 2nd round v Cheltenham. Would love a trip to a cup final, even if it is the johnstones paint

We were beat 1-2 and just under 19,000 attended the game at ER..amazing crowd for a pathetic cup.

Got to bite at that comment. You sound like a OF supporter with that comment. For us small club supporters we are never going to win a FA or League Cup, so that is our most realistic chance of a day out. Whilst it wouldn't be heart breaking if you lost in the final, it would still be a nice day out, especially if you won. Also a nice treat for the Bury players tonight, getting the chance to play on a stage such as Ellend road in front of 19,000.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Got to bite at that comment. You sound like a OF supporter with that comment. For us small club supporters we are never going to win a FA or League Cup, so that is our most realistic chance of a day out. Whilst it wouldn't be heart breaking if you lost in the final, it would still be a nice day out, especially if you won. Also a nice treat for the Bury players tonight, getting the chance to play on a stage such as Ellend road in front of 19,000.

I wasn't intensionally trying to belittle the clubs who play in the JP Cup, but no matter how it is disguised it is a poor mans cup and for a club like Leeds who only 5 years ago were playing in the UEFA Cup, it is a mark of how far we have dropped in such a short period of time.

I remember the old cup for clubs in the lower leagues in the early to mid 80's, I think it was called the Zenith Data and I hated that then and I don't like the JP Cup now.

Guest Tatty Boabie

The sooner we are out of all cups the better.

The whole focus has to be to get out of League 1, against all the odds at the start of the season, but very realistic now.

Edited by Tatty Boabie

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
The sooner we are out of all cups the better.

The whole focus has to be to get out of League 1, against all the odds at the start of the season, but very realistic now.

Exactly. :thumsup2

Guest Tatty Boabie

Davie Prutton and Johnathon Douglas are both suspended for the replay with Hereford, after picking up their almost obligatory yellow cards against Bury.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Alan Thompson and Shaun Derry played the full 90 minutes tonight at ER in a reserve game v Sc**thorpe, we drew 2-2 and there was a power cut!

Not sure if Derry has any future at Leeds, but good to see him at least get a game under his belt for the first time in 8 months.

Guest Tatty Boabie
Alan Thompson and Shaun Derry played the full 90 minutes tonight at ER in a reserve game v Sc**thorpe, we drew 2-2 and there was a power cut!

Not sure if Derry has any future at Leeds, but good to see him at least get a game under his belt for the first time in 8 months.

They may be needed against Hereford.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom

Young striker Tomi Ameobi has joined Sc**thorpe on loan until January 6th.

Dennis Wise has stated that he hopes the youngster can gain valuable experience whilst at the Championship side.

Guest Rinky Sidebottom
Dennis Wise mentioned St.Johnstone today when he mockingly called the football league cup the 'St.Johnstone paint trophy'!

Hearing him mention my team made me feel all warm inside!

I'm told he is actually a funny bloke, with a wicked London style sense of humour.

Here's a thing can you or anyone else think of a transfer deal involving St Johnstone & Leeds or a player that played for both?

I'm told he is actually a funny bloke, with a wicked London style sense of humour.

Here's a thing can you or anyone else think of a transfer deal involving St Johnstone & Leeds or a player that played for both?

Certainly a player who played for both, and not very well I might add, is John Mclelland. Don't think we signed him from Leeds tho.

Guest Tatty Boabie
We are Sturrocks Red&White Army

Come on Swindon

5 defenders injured for tomorrow, so going attacking. We will either get smashed 7-1 or win 2-1. Goals by Scot's Lee Peacock and Craig Easton for Town tomorrow

Is that the Craig Easton who used to play for Livingston?

Is that the Craig Easton who used to play for Livingston?

aye and Dundee Utd (where Paul Sturrock had him previous). We also got Jon Paul McGovern who had a spell with Livi as well (i think, don't quote me on that)

Guest Tatty Boabie
aye and Dundee Utd (where Paul Sturrock had him previous). We also got Jon Paul McGovern who had a spell with Livi as well (i think, don't quote me on that)

Thanks, I would wish you well tomorrow, but I can't, obviously. :D