The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

I'm going to Old Trafford...

:guntoting

...and what a fabulous afternoon I had! :D

:lol: oh dear. Can't wait. I miss the rivalry with the Dingles.

Man Utd Reserves 4 (Owen Hattrick, Gibson Scorcher)

Dirty Leeds 0

We Hate Leeds SCUM!

Why were no Manchester United fans allowed to sing today?! :o

Beckford and Becchio made Berbatov, Rooney and Owen look like the League One players today. Wes Brown and Darren Gibson, on today's performances, would be better suited to Sunday League :lol:

I'm too pumped up from the 4 hours I spent chanting to make much sense, I appreciate, but sweet Jesus today even made up for the disappointment of Cardiff in 2006.

JERMAINE BECKFORD... SCORED A VERY GREAT GOAL... IN A SCUM SHITHOLE...

MANCHESTER... w**k! w**k! w**k!

Wayne Rooney yet again proving he is the worst organism ever to come in contact with a football.

Rooney was the only Manchester United player, possibly with the exceptions of Valencia and Obertan, who looked okay today. He at least played football, as opposed to the likes of Neville and Gibson who just wanted to fight. Referee's should, however, start booking him for his abuse: why does it surprise people when he gets sent off for England and in Europe (where the ref's, presumably, don't suck him off)?

Good pictures of Kisnorbo with the blood dripping down his face.

I'm looking for "material", you got a link?

Rooney was the only Manchester United player, possibly with the exceptions of Valencia and Obertan, who looked okay today. He at least played football, as opposed to the likes of Neville and Gibson who just wanted to fight. Referee's should, however, start booking him for his abuse: why does it surprise people when he gets sent off for England and in Europe (where the ref's, presumably, don't suck him off)?

What astonished me was in the 93rd minute of Fergie time he was playing defensive midfielder role. Surely you'd want your top scorer in the box when chasing the game in the dying minutes? He always tries to run the game from every position and he gets heaps of praise for it. Give me Kris "I'm not leaving the 6 yard box" Boyd in those situations any day of the week.

Although you could perhaps understand him not trusting Brown/Neville to go and concede another goal. There are so many players at Manchester United who are really below par these days.

Remember the abuse the referee got from the commentators last season at Fulham for daring so send off Rooney for dissent? "Oh he was just passing the ball back" when he clearly threw it at the ref and was mouthing off to him. It's shocking how protected he is by the media, even when he dives less convincingly than Drogba, it probably scares the English refs into not booking him.

What a win for Leeds. Beat them with Passion, the red scum didn't look up for it.

Hopefully this win will encourage Beckford to sign a new contract and help us become one of the best teams in the world again. :D

My mate's a Dundee/Leeds fan as well. You still on the valium too?

What astonished me was in the 93rd minute of Fergie time he was playing defensive midfielder role. Surely you'd want your top scorer in the box when chasing the game in the dying minutes? He always tries to run the game from every position and he gets heaps of praise for it.

I totally agree with you, and to a certain extent Gerrard does the same at Liverpool: playing at full back, centre back and up front, when he is meant to be dominating the centre circle. Rooney lacks discipline in every sense, but at least he had quality: he found wingers and full backs with good passes at the right time. A lot of the time other Manchester United players were only capable of finding Row Z...

Rooney, today, was getting no service at all. Anderson and Gibson couldn't pass, Welbeck couldn't cross, and Obertan was hooked after less than an hour. Valencia was making in-roads, but by then Leeds were packing ten men behind the ball.

Spurs will beat them comfortably in the next round, I think by 2 goals or more.

Some result though against Man U and easily the better team on the day.

Manchester United should have won easily, even missing two or three first team regulars... strange things happen in football: a year ago a non-League side put Leeds out, after all!

Spurs have lost at home to Stoke, and hammered Wigan 9-1... anything is possible!

patrickkisnorbo20100103_275x155.jpg

Nails.

Thank you Sir, I think I have a new desktop background!

That is, indeed, a very good write-up. Finally a journalist has had the balls to say that not only was Ferguson talking utter nonsense in declaring 5 minutes of stoppage time too little, but in actual fact it was Wes Brown who was let off lightly... I still cannot believe he stayed on the park til half time: surely Gary Cahill and the likes have to be going to South Africa before that donkey?!

Berbatov or Beckford?! Jermaine every time... :lol:

Article from The Times yesterday :-

The curse finally lifts for Leeds United

Rick Broadbent

It may affront more reasoned sensibilities, but football is at its best when it involves a healthy dose of raw hate.

Which is why if you are from Leeds, the humbling of Manchester United is the most emotionally satisfying result since the Don Revie era.

It was not the best result because Leeds have been to the European Cup final and won league titles in the interim. But taken in splendid isolation, this was better than seeing off AC Milan in 2000, Bournemouth in 1990 or even Barcelona in 1975. It was lustrous because Leeds are not very good anymore, because suddenly we fans felt like we were not cursed, and because, as Lord Byron, pointed out: “Hatred is by far the longest pleasure.” And we hate Manchester United. We hate them because we think they are arrogant.

We hate them because people forget they did not win the league title in 25 years until they succeeded Leeds in 1993. We hate them because Sir Alex Ferguson is treated with sickly sycophancy by media pundits whereas Revie’s faults are still rehashed three decades on. We hate them for the flag shown on Sunday bearing Eric Cantona’s face and the slogan “Thanks a million”; nobody mentions that they gave us Johnny Giles, Gordon Strachan and three league championships.

We hate them for being lucky against Bayern Munich in 1999 because we weren’t in 1975. Because commentators call them “United”, as if they are the only ones. We hate them for getting good and yes, most of all, we hate them for being so loved.

The phone-in fans and message-board posters agreed about the scale of Sunday’s best. “Given where we are, the best result ever,” wrote one in cyberspace.

“In context, our greatest ever result,” added another. In the Yorkshire Evening Post, Gary Edwards, the Leeds fan who refuses to use red paint in his decorating business, said: “They can bring on anybody now — even a big team.” The fact that Leeds deserved the victory, unlike in 1981, was an added bonus and glimpse of a far-off future, but the joy was in the here and now. The joy of hearing Ferguson, for all his massive advantages, gibbering about stoppage time. The joy of apologists saying it was a second-string side, not realising that our first-choice team now play elsewhere in the Premier League.

Football neutrals will tell you hate has no place in sport, and if it takes an offensive or violent form then they are obviously right, but dislike does not really cut it. No Leeds fan thinks we have the remotest chance of winning the FA Cup, but they also know winning isn’t everything — inflicting defeat is just as good.