The Leeds Thread

Guest The Ger

Should have been a cricket score tonight. Excellent performance by Swindon. I am sure Grayson will come out and say it was Leeds worst performance. As for your black winger (no idea what his name is, guy off Leicester) he was awful, whinged, dived and even your own fans were on his back at the end.

Grayson's comments taken from the OS :-

The United manager spoke at length with his players after the club's heaviest league defeat since November 2006 - and immediately stressed the importance of a 'kick up the backside'.

Leeds remain in second spot in League One and have lost just three league games all season, but Grayson is keen to put an end to a mini-run that has produced just one league point from a possible nine.

"I was very disappointed with how we played from the first whistle to the last," said the United boss.

"This was the complete opposite of Saturday at Tottenham. We were outfought and outbattled and got what we deserved.

"They seemed to want it more than us, they ran further than us, they tackled more than us...there's many reasons why we didn't do as well as we could have, but we have to get back to being hard to beat.

"Now, we're giving goals away too easily as a unit, and hopefully it's a major kick up the backside for one or two that we need to get back on track.

"I was angry at half-time, but at the end I gave them an opportunity to say what they think. We had a chat and it's important what's said is taken on board for the rest of the season.

"We knew Swindon would come out of the traps, it was a full-house, but we expect that. You have to win your own battles and our quality will come through, but you have to make sure you don't give away stupid early goals and we keep doing that."

Gradel is the black winger we signed from leicester.

Grayson's comments taken from the OS :-

The United manager spoke at length with his players after the club's heaviest league defeat since November 2006 - and immediately stressed the importance of a 'kick up the backside'.

Leeds remain in second spot in League One and have lost just three league games all season, but Grayson is keen to put an end to a mini-run that has produced just one league point from a possible nine.

"I was very disappointed with how we played from the first whistle to the last," said the United boss.

"This was the complete opposite of Saturday at Tottenham. We were outfought and outbattled and got what we deserved.

"They seemed to want it more than us, they ran further than us, they tackled more than us...there's many reasons why we didn't do as well as we could have, but we have to get back to being hard to beat.

"Now, we're giving goals away too easily as a unit, and hopefully it's a major kick up the backside for one or two that we need to get back on track.

"I was angry at half-time, but at the end I gave them an opportunity to say what they think. We had a chat and it's important what's said is taken on board for the rest of the season.

"We knew Swindon would come out of the traps, it was a full-house, but we expect that. You have to win your own battles and our quality will come through, but you have to make sure you don't give away stupid early goals and we keep doing that."

Gradel is the black winger we signed from leicester.

Saw Max Gradel's name this morning, was pretty drunk. If Leeds go up, which I think you still will, you may as well bin him. If he wants to argue with the linesman and roll around whilst the game carries on then I can't see him gettign far.

New striker signs on loan till the end of the season this is taken from the OS :-

Birmingham striker joins the club... 0,,10273%7E8319313,00.jpg Leeds United have signed Premier League striker Gary McSheffrey on loan until the end of the season.

The 27-year-old completed his switch from Birmingham City on Friday morning and will go straight into the squad for Saturday's game against Colchester.

McSheffrey, who joined Birmingham in a £4m deal from Coventry in 2006, has scored 20 goals 94 appearances for the Blues.

The striker, who had a loan spell at Nottingham Forest last season, has featured nine times for the Premier League side this season.

United manager Simon Grayson said: "Gary brings plenty of experience and he is a good signing.

"He's coming from the Premier League to League One and he will add quality to the squad.

"He is a threat, he can play a number of positions, and we're delighted to have him here."

Thats quite a good signing for a league one team.

What formation is he going to play for the rest of the season? With the amount of strikers it will probably be 4-2-4!

Really need the 3 points tommorow.

A scrappy 1-0 with a 97th min goal coming off Snodgrass's arse will do fine.

Another Loan signing just announced on the OS :-

Aston Villa left-back joins the club... 0,,10273%7E8334008,00.jpg Leeds United have signed Aston Villa defender Shane Lowry on loan until March 13.

The 20-year-old met his new team-mates for the first time on Friday and went straight into the squad for the weekend game against Colchester United.

Lowry has made two senior appearances with Aston Villa - he made his debut in the Europa League this season - and spent three months on loan with Championship side Plymouth Argyle earlier this term.

The left-back was born in Perth and, despite having represented the Republic of Ireland at under-17 and under-21 level, he was named in the Australian senior squad for the recent games against Netherlands and Oman.

Lowry is the third Australian national at the club with Paddy Kisnorbo, a regular in the Socceroos side, and Neil Kilkenny, who is pushing for further international recognition after a frustrating Olympics in the summer of 2008.

Lowry was the club's second signing ahead of the Colchester game with Birmingham City's Gary McSheffrey also stepping down from the Premier League.

Neither player is eligible to play in the FA Cup, but both have permission to play in the JPT Area Final second leg at Carlisle on February 9.

Intresting letter from Mr Prutton on the OS :-

An open letter to Leeds United and the club's fans from David Prutton... 0,,10273%7E3739957,00.jpg Dear All,

It's been one of the privileges of my life so far to have played for such a world renowned, highly respected football club.

The friendships I have made, the memories I hold dear and the sheer pleasure of being a Leeds player will stay with me for a long time.

Leeds United gets under your skin (as I'm sure all you avid fans know) and there will be a part of me that will always be Leeds.

I am proud to have played a part in bridging the gap between an uncertain past and a no doubt glorious future.

Leeds fans are loud, loyal and passionate. Make no mistake, you are the lifeblood of the club and forever will be.

You were always fantastic to me and I hold that in my heart as I move on.

Thanks for everything,

David Prutton (aka Prutts, aka 'Jesus')

Tonights teams :-

Leeds: Ankergren, Bromby, Michalik, Naylor, Hughes, Snodgrass, Howson, Doyle, Johnson, Becchio, Beckford. Subs: A Martin, Crowe, Grella, Robinson, Somma, Hatfield, White.

Tottenham: Gomes, Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Bale, Bentley, Huddlestone, Kranjcar, Jenas, Defoe, Crouch. Subs: Palacios, Modric, Rose, Alnwick, Dervite, Parrett, Frederiks.