Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

The parents were involved. It was entirely due to their neglect that this child disappeared. That they've never been charged with child neglect, and have since gone on to become some kind of celebrities in the eyes of the media is a fucking obscenity.

Completely wrong, but entirely in fitting with the tabloid sensationalism that has followed this case from the beginning.

See, there is one gaping fundamental flaw and I don't understand why it's never been fully explored and even overlooked... the reason I have never bought into the widely accepted 'opportunist abductor' or  human trafficking scenarios at all.
Let's pretend for a minute that you're this mystery abductor, staking out the apartment where the nice, well to do but ultimately neglectful middle-class parents are having a holiday with their 3 and a half year old and infant twins. They go out for the night, they're not even watching the house. Now is your opportunity to steal a child away in the night with whatever intention you ultimately have. What would possess someone to take the child most likely to wake up, make the most noise, shout and scream for their parents, and potentially cause a scene that would have anyone in the vicinity asking questions and getting you caught?
Surely in this scenario, the younger, lighter infants who aren't at an age where they can make a scene would post far less risk than a full blown meltdown from a toddler who would fully understand they're being taken away by a stranger.

It doesn't add up to me. I've thought it was an OD that they've covered up from Day 1, I still believe that 10 years on. I don't think we'll ever fully know the truth though.

Are the twins not boys? Maybe they specifically wanted a girl. If you're a dodgy enough character to be going about stealing a child then you can definitely get your hands on some sort of drugging agent that will put the child further to sleep upon abduction so I don't really think your point is valid.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Was it ever verified what was eaten in the Tapas Bar?

I've been in that Tapas Bar - although, I hasten to add, not when they were there.

They probably ate similar to what I had when I was there which was a selection of Tapas washed down with Port.

23 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I've been in that Tapas Bar - although, I hasten to add, not when they were there.

They probably ate similar to what I had when I was there which was a selection of Tapas washed down with Port.

^^^ Could have been you. 

You'd have thought that 2 doctor's salaries could have run to £10 an hour for a baby sitter.

My experience of Maddie's resort in Praia de Luz, the Algarve
I need to break from the usual financial slant of posts on this blog. I'm sure you'll understand as I thing's it's important to give my views on this...

My family and I returned last week relaxed from a holiday at the sleepy end of Portugal’s Algarve. We were, however, stunned to wake on Friday morning, days after we returned, to hear news that a girl, three-year-old Madeleine McCann, had gone missing from the same complex, yards from where we stayed.

We picked the Ocean Club resort in Praia de Luz, a quiet village, because of its connections with Mark Warner Holidays. The company has a growing reputation among families for offering comprehensive childcare wrapped in packages with free sports activities, such as tennis and water sports. The balance of a family holiday with time to relax away from the kids is attractive to millions of Britons.

We had a great time, able to spend time together as a family while also having some time out. Sam, our two-year-old son, was well looked after while we lounged by the pool, or why I played tennis or sailed. My wife Andrea and I even made nightly jaunts to local restaurants, a rare treat for new parents.

Luz, as the locals call it, is a laid back resort with a mix of Portugese holidaymakers and locals and, in off-peak May, a smaller number of foreign tourists. A handful of restaurants and bars in the town have a balance of mainly British families and friendly locals. This is an area you would not associate with crime, let alone the abduction of a child.

The Ocean Club has several hubs. One is a 24-hour reception, the other two have swimming pools, restaurants and tennis courts. At their furthest point, these centres are 10 minutes walk apart. In between are Ocean Club apartments mixed with local homes.

The options for childcare were numerous, well organised and of a very high standard. A well-staffed nursery with a child-to-carer ratio that was often just two-to-one, took youngsters from 9.30 to 12.30 every day and from 2.30 to 5.30 in the afternoon.

These creche facilities were next to the poolside Tapas restaurant where Madeleine’s parents were eating when she disappeared.

Madeleine and the younger twins Amelie and Sean were sleeping at the McCanns’ apartment overlooking the swimming pool at the main hub of the resort. Around that pool was the Tapas bar which was in high demand every night. Most guests went to the buffet at the Ocean Club’s Millennium restaurant, a 10-minute walk away from the McCanns’ apartment. But eager guests would queue from 9am to book one of the limited number of tables at the Tapas bar, which served barbecued fish and meat dishes to order. Both restaurants were included in the price of the holiday.

The McCanns’ choice to leave their children at the flat and make regular checks is surprising given the alternatives. In their defence, they may have been expecting, as advertised in Mark Warner brochures, a ‘listening service’. Staff told us that the service had been discontinued because the apartments were too spread out. The resort, however, offered a baby-sitting service for 15 euros (£10) an hour, which was staffed by a member of the daytime nursery teams, or a ‘dining out club’. This involved parents dropping off children at the crèche where they would be supervised watching videos until they went to sleep. Parents would then return before 11.30 to scoop up their sleepy offspring.

I can imagine the McCanns’ dilemma. The ‘dining out club’ was more than a five-minute walk from where the McCanns stayed along cobbled streets or a winding pedestrian path through the apartments. It’s not far - it worked brilliantly for us on most nights - but it would have felt much further if you had to ferry thee children there and back (and hope they were still asleep after doing so). Plus parents were required to wait until children under two, which includes the McCanns’ twins, were asleep. We talked to parents who said this was enough to put them off the option.

The McCanns opted instead to eat 40-50m from their apartment, not much more than a pool’s width away. They hoped it would be just close enough to hear a crying baby but with bar music playing and restaurant hubbub, it wasn’t close enough to hear what happened to Madeleine that night.

I can't imagine what they're going through now. I, along with millions others, only hope they can find her soon and safe.

- Andrew Oxlade, Editor, This is Money

http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/05/my_experience_o.html

To be fair to the darling parents, it wouldn't be too difficult to snatch a drugged up child full of jellies...Not a peep from her.

Eta - Nae, it was Gerry, he kept on getting pulled away from his tennis match and rage took over...

2 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Up until 3 minutes ago, i was oblivious to this.

http://findmadeleine.com/about_us/index.html

This HAS to be fake?

Dave Edgar is the ‘Senior Investigating Officer’ (SIO) leading our independent investigation. Dave served as a police officer for 30 years, working in the Royal Ulster Constabulary (in the so called ‘bandit country' of south Armagh) followed by the Cheshire Police force.

Its the added flourishes I like - bandit country - obviously written by an accomplished storyteller.

Dave Edgar is the ‘Senior Investigating Officer’ (SIO) leading our independent investigation. Dave served as a police officer for 30 years, working in the Royal Ulster Constabulary (in the so called ‘bandit country' of south Armagh) followed by the Cheshire Police force.

Its the added flourishes I like - bandit country - obviously written by an accomplished storyteller.

It was and still is referred to bandit country. Sorry if you have just wooshed me...

On 4/30/2017 at 19:35, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Polygraphs are a crock of shit. But 12 seconds though...

edit: "We're not going to comment on anything", then comments on it, rubs ear and mentions sedatives (not Calpol). 

Case closed m'lud. 

Wrong thread, I know, but she's a wid milf.