Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Did the blogger tell us why they hadn't released this high quality photofit till now?

Seems to be a rather transparent, and laughable, attempt to deflect the media away from pointing the finger at the McCanns themselves.

I would have thought the time to release such a thing would be as soon as possible after the incident as they would remember more about the kidnapper. As a result, because they have left it so long, it's hardly surprising there are no facial features at all!

Edited by RiG

I would have thought the time to release such a thing would be as soon as possible after the incident as they would remember more about the kidnapper.

Yes, you would have expected so. Maybe even a tour of the resort showing the picture.

I guess it just makes the job of the army of private detectives they are no doubt hiring as we speak with the huge "Find Maddy" fund much more difficult.

I read the other day that they are both using the fund, to cover their living expenses, while they are not working...Was this stated prior to the collection of funds?

I hope the kidnapper hasn't changed his clothes in the last 5 months...

I read the other day that they are both using the fund, to cover their living expenses, while they are not working...Was this stated prior to the collection of funds?

Yes, if any donor had bothered to read the small print.

I said from the beginning you would have to be questioned if you gave to the fund, with the terms by which it could be used.

What a nice couple huh. I'm sure the old grannies that gave £5 did so so that Kate and Gerry wouldn't have to work again.

Edited by Hieronymous_Bosch

Yes, if any donor had bothered to read the small print.

I said from the beginning you would have to be questioned if you gave to the fund, with the terms by which it could be used.

What a nice couple huh. I'm sure the old grannies that gave £5 did so so that Kate and Gerry wouldn't have to work again.

I was pretty shocked when I read the fund was covering their living expenses and paying them a wage. Especially as she is now looking at a career change, in a lower paid field, and he can't decide whether to return to work.

Was it ever agreed that the fund would pay for their legal fees? I seem to remember there needed to be a vote from the board of the trust, but I don't think I ever read of the outcome.

Releasing an e-fit now is totally ridiculous. :blink:

I see Gerry and Kate have managed to get headline news again since the past 4-5 weeks have been a bit quiet, with their Spanish interview. Media darlings.....?? <_<

He is returning to work in the next couple of weeks and wants it to be as low key as possible. Aye right ye are, Gerry! :rolleyes:

Was it ever agreed that the fund would pay for their legal fees? I seem to remember there needed to be a vote from the board of the trust, but I don't think I ever read of the outcome.

Yes, they decided not to do this, after the trust meeting.

Has any paper asked them if they feel morally justified in spending other people's money, whilst not earning themselves?

I think we should be told.

Because the majority of Madeline sightings have been in Spain.

Oh right, could this be a Gerry & Kate follow up world wide tour ?

Not happy with visiting countries with the slimist sightings of the wean, they decide to follow it up in each country with a TV interview, genius.

Releasing an e-fit now is totally ridiculous. :blink:

I see Gerry and Kate have managed to get headline news again since the past 4-5 weeks have been a bit quiet, with their Spanish interview. Media darlings.....?? <_<

Or looking at it in a rather less cynical manner, perhaps due to the fact that the exposure of her disappearance had dramatically decreased in the press, they felt it was appropriate to conduct the interview to keep her at the front of our minds? :rolleyes:

Edited by SaintSam

Or looking at it in a rather less cynical manner, perhaps due to the fact that the exposure of her disappearance had dramatically decreased in the press, they felt it was appropriate to conduct the interview to keep her at the front of our minds? :rolleyes:

Why should she be kept at the front of our minds?

Almost 6 months later and the story is still making the front pages of the newspapers, surely there are more newsworthy items out there than ONE missing 4 year old out of the countless missing children in the world today.

I don't have an issue with the amount of media time that she's getting - what I do have an issue with is how much more of it she's getting than the countless other children her age who go missing every day worldwide.

Now this is the story all about how

My life got flipped, turned upside down

So sit right there and take of your shoes

Ill tell you how I became the princess of a town called Praia da Luz.

Im Northern England born and raised

In the apartment is where I spent most of my days

Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool

Mum and Dad ate and drank beside the pool

When a dodgy baddy undid my rooms lock

Started making trouble in my apartment block

I rattled him with Cuddle Cat and pulled at his hair

The Glaswegian in me came out and I fought like a bear.

He whistled for a hire car and when it came near the

Licensplate said 'Baddy' and had a dice in the mirror

If anything I could say that this hire car was rare

But I thought now forget it, he might be taking me to the fair.

We pulled up to a house about quarter past nine

And I yelled to the baddy you'll get jail plus a fine

Big Philomena emerged and took me up the stairs

I then woke up sweating, I'd had a nightmare.

Sung by Gerry and Kate........

Were no strangers to drugging

You know the rules and so do i

A full nights sedation's what Im thinking of

You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling

Gotta make you understand

* Didnt want to cut you up

Didnt want to make you drown

Did want to swing around and desert you

Probably made you cry

Didnt get to say goodbye

Never gonna tell the cops we drugged you

Weve been suspects for so long

The press think we did it

And they're not too shy to say it

Inside we both know whats been going on

We know the game and were gonna play it

And if you ask me how Im feeling

I feel like doing my daily blog

* Didnt want to cut you up

Didnt want to make you drown

Did want to swing around and desert you

Probably made you cry

Didnt get to say goodbye

Never gonna tell the cops we drugged you

Cut you up. Cut you up

Cut you up, Cut you up

Never gonna give

Never gonna give, give up

Never gonna give

Never gonna give, give up

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling

Gotta make you understand

(* repeat 3 times)

You are my hero :wub: I laughed so hard I sharted myself.

That's up there with Champions and his exploding badger/startled face combo.

P&B Gold.

Why should she be kept at the front of our minds?

Almost 6 months later and the story is still making the front pages of the newspapers, surely there are more newsworthy items out there than ONE missing 4 year old out of the countless missing children in the world today.

I said before and ill say again, that is 100% the fault of the Media and not the Mccanns. If i was in their shoes, id be making sure she was still front page news as much as possible.