P&b Running Club

Not at all quick but enjoyable in the heat and a good mix of roads, paths, hills, round reservoirs.. 

11BCC15E-F130-4AAC-AD4A-3A1B6678C4C2.jpeg.e9fbb42a0eb6cab822e9fd02345bd8d7.jpeg
You can f**k off with your "Not at all quick" humblebrag.

Am out of breath watching the kids in the paddling pool

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You can f**k off with your "Not at all quick" humblebrag.

Am out of breath watching the kids in the paddling pool

The paths etc are so busy. Have to stop so often to open gates etc. 

Went straight to sleep outside on the patio when I got home.

That’s great. How is the dodgy knee getting on?

Thanks mate. Okay so far really, couple of times it ached during (same as yesterday’s 5k) but not enough to warrant stopping, little swollen now but no matter pain! [emoji4]

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

First ever 10k run this morning. 60 minutes. Not good, not terrible. Not sure I enjoyed it as such, but I didn’t hate it.

I generally find 10k to be my ideal distance as far as running goes. 5k is too short and when I went to 14/15k and beyond it was mostly a mental thing rather than physical. 10k I always feel I am getting the best of both.

I generally find 10k to be my ideal distance as far as running goes. 5k is too short and when I went to 14/15k and beyond it was mostly a mental thing rather than physical. 10k I always feel I am getting the best of both.

I’ve never enjoyed running, even playing football I didn’t enjoy the running, but I honestly didn’t mind the run this morning. I don’t think I’d have been able to do it myself, really don’t have the discipline or self motivation but hopefully now I’ve done it, I know I can and really didn’t find it too tasking I’ll be able to when I’m back in Aberdeen.

Good luck unless you're at the beach, will be Hilly, no?

Hate running at the beach in Aberdeen. Out, back, no scenery, nothing, just pounding hard tarmac. Where I am up the road I should be able to find a wee route no more hilly than where I am in Fife from 1.5-3m was all up hill today.

Ordered myself a new running watch. Went for the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music. Should be a considerable upgrade from my old Tom Tom Runner 3. Should arrive tomorrow.

Did my first run over 5k in about a year. Really enjoyed it. My problem is generally I run too fast, then I'm done in and give up. But running with a friend who is slower - and getting lost - meant we did 16k in the end. We stopped a few times and it took nearly 2 hours but what with the cool weather (did it early in the morning which I never do) and the scenery and the fact that we could have a chat while running cos we weren't bombing it - meant it was the most enjoyable run I've had in a long time. 

Did a 10k today in 49:45, so jusg sneaking in at sub 50. Really enjoyed it actually. Had no intention of going more than about 6 but ended up getting lost in my thoughts without music and kept widening the loop I was doing til I thought I might as well round it up.

Started the Strava challenge for June today 200k in a month, did it in April but ill probably be back to work at the end of the month so I'll have another pop, not pushing it too hard as a few old war wounds are playing up but need to lose a few pounds so between this and the boxing training g vids on YouTube I'll hopefully lose them.

11 hours ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Started the Strava challenge for June today 200k in a month, did it in April but ill probably be back to work at the end of the month so I'll have another pop, not pushing it too hard as a few old war wounds are playing up but need to lose a few pounds so between this and the boxing training g vids on YouTube I'll hopefully lose them.

That's quite a commitment - especially since there's only 30 days in June! Of course, any day is only a little under 7km a day which is fine. But as soon as you miss one day cos of heat / hangover / injury / CBA, then it's 14km the next day. The most I ever mentioned was 110km in a month, and that included training for and running a marathon.

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm pissing on your bonfire! Best of luck :)