P&b Running Club

I actually haven't run a single step since the GSRHM. I think it's a combination of:

A) I scunnered myself with all the training,

B ) I've also been in the gym this year trying to bulk up a bit, and that plus distance running are kinda contradictory. I put on 5lbs Feb-Sep, but have now managed a further 7lbs in the last 8 weeks, so I'm kinda enjoying the benefits there and don't wanna go backwards again.

PS I'm not wanting to be a gym monster, my whole life I've been about a stone and a half underweight for my height, I've finally committed to doing something about it.

I'm the opposite - since turning 30 I've been between 1 and 3 stone overweight. A combination of diet and running has seen my BMI fall to sub-25 for the first time in 10 years.

Did 70 minutes round Edinburgh - from Marchmont thru the Meadows, to the Mound, down Dundas St to the Botanics and Inverleith Park, Stockbridge, up the hill to Craigleith, and back across town via Belford. I forget how hilly Edinburgh is!

Doing the Southside6 on Sunday, it’s going to be torture, just as it was last year for me. Training has been almost non-existent since the GSRHM again, mainly due to a lack of free time. Any tips for trying to keep up distance running with limited time would be good?

However, I attempted the same course route as last year the week after the GSRHM and shaved 10 minutes off my Southside6 time, they’ll likely be back on now and then some! :(

The race is basically running through the 6 main parks in the Southside of Glasgow, link to the route: http://www.southsidesix.org.uk/the-race/the-route/

I've not signed up for the Mo Run yet but am still thinking about it. I done the Strathclyde Parkrun last week and the temp was minus 2 my feet and hands were frozen after the first 1k, I've got shit circulation especially in my fingers, so I dont know if I want to pay £20 for a race and then have to run in those kind of temps again. I certainly know I'll not be doing another Parkrun when its as cold as that again.

Its pacer Saturday again at Strathclyde Parkrun so I'll prob head along to that. I've taken on a manager's job in my work which means working later and I've had to put on hold going out running at lunch on a Friday so my running has very much taken a backseat the last few weeks. I've got an exercise bike in the house so I've just used that a few times this week.

Doing the Southside6 on Sunday, it’s going to be torture, just as it was last year for me. Training has been almost non-existent since the GSRHM again, mainly due to a lack of free time. Any tips for trying to keep up distance running with limited time would be good?

However, I attempted the same course route as last year the week after the GSRHM and shaved 10 minutes off my Southside6 time, they’ll likely be back on now and then some! :(

The race is basically running through the 6 main parks in the Southside of Glasgow, link to the route: http://www.southsidesix.org.uk/the-race/the-route/

That looks pretty good - might sign up for next year.

I've not signed up for the Mo Run yet but am still thinking about it. I done the Strathclyde Parkrun last week and the temp was minus 2 my feet and hands were frozen after the first 1k, I've got shit circulation especially in my fingers, so I dont know if I want to pay £20 for a race and then have to run in those kind of temps again. I certainly know I'll not be doing another Parkrun when its as cold as that again.

Its pacer Saturday again at Strathclyde Parkrun so I'll prob head along to that. I've taken on a manager's job in my work which means working later and I've had to put on hold going out running at lunch on a Friday so my running has very much taken a backseat the last few weeks. I've got an exercise bike in the house so I've just used that a few times this week.

I lose the feeling in my fingers quite often out running - invest in a good pair of gloves and it usually isnt too bad. stick them in your pocket when you start to heat up

I lose the feeling in my fingers quite often out running - invest in a good pair of gloves and it usually isnt too bad. stick them in your pocket when you start to heat up

Yup.

I've a LOT of scar tissue in my hands from numerous previous operations, and it hates cold weather. If I forget gloves, my hands are louping by the time I get home.

That looks good but it looks like it's quite hilly. I take it they don't close the roads for 350 runners??

When does registration for next years open?

That looks good but it looks like it's quite hilly. I take it they don't close the roads for 350 runners??

When does registration for next years open?

Aye, plenty of long hills, then there are stairs at Bellahouston Park and for your ‘sprint’ finish at Queens Park. Hated it last year, but I’m glutton for punishment. The only road they closed off was at the start when exiting Queens Park, admittedly there are a few road crossings that can force you to stop which isn’t ideal.

Just checked and it was mid-May I entered for this year. It filled up straight away though, probably best to sign up to their mailing list: http://www.southsidesix.org.uk/ (on the right hand side).

Mo Run next Saturday - anyone else doing it?

I've signed up for this now. One of mates signed up for it and can't make it now so I said I would take their place.

I checked the route and its two laps of the course and should be pretty flat which is good as I haven't done much running the last few weeks. There is only a 10 min gap between the start of the 5k and 10k so hopefully its well organised as the both are on the same course.

I've signed up for this now. One of mates signed up for it and can't make it now so I said I would take their place.

I checked the route and its two laps of the course and should be pretty flat which is good as I haven't done much running the last few weeks. There is only a 10 min gap between the start of the 5k and 10k so hopefully its well organised as the both are on the same course.

I'm doing it too. See you there.

What happened at parkrun on Saturday? didnt spot you. I had a cold so took one of the slow pacer vests. Total cop out

Had some old guy moaning like feck as I was 25 seconds ahead of schedule at the first km. He looked like father Jack by the time we finished. :lol: :lol:

I set my alarm for it but I looked at the weather outside and didn't fancy a repeat of the previous week. I just went out later in the day as there was no Clyde game.

The first km is always my fastest so I would be hopeless at pacing too. Did the old guy get a pb then? I've got a few pb's at pacer Saturday but its pretty depressing when u see the guy ur trying to keep up with miles in front of you.

Was just out there and of course it started pishing down after 5 mins so just done a 5k. The IT band on my right knee is playing up a bit so can see Saturday being a struggle.

I set my alarm for it but I looked at the weather outside and didn't fancy a repeat of the previous week. I just went out later in the day as there was no Clyde game.

The first km is always my fastest so I would be hopeless at pacing too. Did the old guy get a pb then? I've got a few pb's at pacer Saturday but its pretty depressing when u see the guy ur trying to keep up with miles in front of you.

Was just out there and of course it started pishing down after 5 mins so just done a 5k. The IT band on my right knee is playing up a bit so can see Saturday being a struggle.

It turned out a really good day for it, but yes its a fine balance at this time of year. Thats why I didnt go the week before.

Dont think it was a PB for the old guy, but defo got him in quicker than his usual time. I also harrassed some poor woman to death and got her in under the 30 for her first time ever, which was surprisingly pleasing.

I ran home from work tonight (9.8K) and got utterly soaked to the skin for nearly an hour. It was really really shit. :(

Did the Mo Run this morning on Glasgow Green. Was expecting it to be busier but good atmosphere, perfect conditions for running. Course was really congested at the start though.

Time was a PB by nearly three minutes (48:56) - so chuffed with that. My GPS showed only one km over 5 minutes (the first one). Good way to finish my racing year.

Did the Mo Run this morning on Glasgow Green. Was expecting it to be busier but good atmosphere, perfect conditions for running. Course was really congested at the start though.

Time was a PB by nearly three minutes (48:56) - so chuffed with that. My GPS showed only one km over 5 minutes (the first one). Good way to finish my racing year.

Well done. Cracking time.

I ended up with a really dissapointing time :( .

Dont know what it was today. Still raging. It was a bit mental at the start.

Well done!

I was 67 mins. Not done much running lately and it showed. My right knee is killing is now but it only got really sore around 8.5km. It's the first run I've done in about 3 weeks that I've actually enjoyed though as the weather was perfect and bar the start it was well organised.

Nice to meet up with GC again and cheers for the encouragement!

Well done on the Mo Run guys! Excellent PB Disco Duck.

After Loch Ness I told myself I was going to set a PB at Falkirk parkrun before my birthday, finally managed to do it on my final attempt. 20.45, knocking 11 seconds off my previous best, confident that I can clear that again. Hoping for 20.30 by the end of the year.