P&b Running Club

I normally need some sort of target to aim for so, probably against all better judgement, I've signed up for May's Edinburgh half marathon. Will be my first attempt at that distance but on the plus side I've got plenty of time to get prepared for it.

I normally need some sort of target to aim for so, probably against all better judgement, I've signed up for May's Edinburgh half marathon. Will be my first attempt at that distance but on the plus side I've got plenty of time to get prepared for it.

I like the half marathon distance - enough to be a challenge but not as all consuming as the marathon. Good luck - I would recommend googling a Hal Higdon half marathon programme to help with the training

Its what drives me on - when I got under 1.30 for the half marathon I was dead on my feet for the alst mile but when I finished I thought I could maybe squeeze a 1.25 out if I paced myself better!

I just need some motivation to get back out there at the moment though

I agree. I am usually aiming to better my last time but always take the course into acount. Sub 1:30 for my next half is my target. On a flat course this is well within my reach. I'm not training for anything in particular so need to get booked up for something soon.

Ran with the local club tonight. 4 x 1 mile laps with 3 mins recovery. My quickest time was 5:36 slowest 5:39. Can't sleep because of the DOMS lol.

It's pretty hard to keep motivated to go out in these freezing conditions,done 8 miles this morning,it took over 4 miles for my fingers to defrost,that was with gloves and a hat on,the breeze was icy as hell.What do other runners on here do when it's like this,head for the gym or grin and bear it outside.

It's pretty hard to keep motivated to go out in these freezing conditions,done 8 miles this morning,it took over 4 miles for my fingers to defrost,that was with gloves and a hat on,the breeze was icy as hell.What do other runners on here do when it's like this,head for the gym or grin and bear it outside.

Its always my fingers (sometime toes) - I generally stick on a extra layer (running tights are a good investment. Running first thing on a cold winters morning is fantastic

I have been trying to grin and bear it but over the last week some of the pavements and roads have become too dangerous. Have ended up in the gym. Went to sports direct yesterday and managed to pick up some tights for £11 and a jacket for £14 so that may spur me on.

Aye its hard. ive layed off a wee bit, so feeling the need to grin and bear it. its meant to be a wee bit milder anyway the next few days. Got some 5k to run in strathclyde park on sunday, so will skip parkrun saturday

Jog scotland christmas cracker?

I'll be there (wellness permitting) - not expecting a quick time as my training has ground to a halt recently

After waking up fresh this morning, I felt a wee job was in order. Comfortable mile run in these cold conditions wasn't as comfortable as I imagined. Still, enjoyable nevertheless. Will pick things up tomorrow but slowly easing myself back into it after a few weeks off.

Well done YB on your PB!

I ran Strathclyde Parkrun this morning . It was so cold that the loch was frozen and they altered the route to avoid some of the worst areas. It started in the usual place but didn't go as far around the loch, instead you did a shortened out and back twice.

The revised course was about 5.4km* which I did in 20:27. I went through 5k in about 18:40 which would have been a massive PB (about 32 secs off). That was meant to be my last Parkrun for a bit but I might have to go back next week to see if I can replicate that kind of time.

I hope the park defrosts a bit for anyone running tomorrow because some parts of it were quite slippy.

*they have made it longer deliberately so that no one sets a new course record on the altered course.

Well done YB on your PB!

I ran Strathclyde Parkrun this morning . It was so cold that the loch was frozen and they altered the route to avoid some of the worst areas. It started in the usual place but didn't go as far around the loch, instead you did a shortened out and back twice.

The revised course was about 5.4km* which I did in 20:27. I went through 5k in about 18:40 which would have been a massive PB (about 32 secs off). That was meant to be my last Parkrun for a bit but I might have to go back next week to see if I can replicate that kind of time.

I hope the park defrosts a bit for anyone running tomorrow because some parts of it were quite slippy.

*they have made it longer deliberately so that no one sets a new course record on the altered course.

Done the christmas cracker 5k yeserday at strathclyde park. they had to re- do the course there too due to ice. It was longer there as well.

5.8km which was a fair difference. think they made a bit of an erse of the re-measuring.