P&b Running Club

Well done Rowan, get out there and enjoy it(?!)

I'm just back from a 5.3 km jog with the baby in her new-to-us jogging buggy. Running is much harder when pushing a baby!! Enjoyed it though. Can't believe I got that buggy for £20!!

What a bargain. I don't envy you having to run pushing a buggy though! In saying that, there is a guy that uses one of them at Pollok Parkrun and normally beats me! Sub 18:30 for 5km pushing a buggy - simply amazing!

Quick 3.9 mile run after work tonight before it got too dark. My Garmin said 27:36 but when I loaded it up to Strava it says 26:58.Anyhow, I'll go with the Garmin though as it's probably best that I don't get ahead of myself.

Great weather for running though. Perfect temperature (for me) and not a drop of wind. If it wasn't for the fact that my lungs were on fire I would almost have described it as bliss.

Was a Facebook selling page. Loads of people wanted it, I don't think the lassie selling it knew what it was. It's a bit tatty in places, but perfectly workable condition. The brake on the handle needs tightened, but the tyres are in great condition. Bargainous!

The hardest thing about running the buggy is not being able to swing your arms, if you know what I mean? I tend to swing one arm and push the buggy with the other and swap occasionally. On the flat path though, I can push the buggy ahead a bit and swing both arms until I catch it... It'll take a bit of getting used to, I suspect, but it can only really make me a stronger runner, right?!

Was a Facebook selling page. Loads of people wanted it, I don't think the lassie selling it knew what it was. It's a bit tatty in places, but perfectly workable condition. The brake on the handle needs tightened, but the tyres are in great condition. Bargainous!

The hardest thing about running the buggy is not being able to swing your arms, if you know what I mean? I tend to swing one arm and push the buggy with the other and swap occasionally. On the flat path though, I can push the buggy ahead a bit and swing both arms until I catch it... It'll take a bit of getting used to, I suspect, but it can only really make me a stronger runner, right?!

Does your baby/toddler shout "wheeeeeeee" the whole time you're running? :lol:

Does your baby/toddler shout "wheeeeeeee" the whole time you're running? :lol:

Baby/toddler probably acts like an passenger in a vehicle, 'too fast, too fast, pothole POTHOLE, red light red light!!

I will need to see one of these things in action they do seem both handy but very awkward.

8 mile walked today!

Really enjoying walking recently cos I've been getting really sore knees recently so this has helped ten fold, just need a new pair of trainers as mine are bust.

15 minutes per mile at the moment, me and my mate do talk a lot and if we kept up pace we should could probably hit 12 mins a mile eventually.

15km in 1 hour 22. Would have been a few minutes faster, but I got caught at the wrong side of a level crossing and had to wait for the train to pass, and took a few minutes after re starting to get back into things.

Also seem to have worked out that by shortening my stride slightly, I can avoid my left foot going numb after a few miles. HM is next Sunday, will probably go for a couple of 10km runs, one at the weekend then one on Tuesday or Wednesday, and hope for the best. Original aim was sub 2 hours, but I'll be a tad disappointed now if I don't go below 1:50. We'll see how it pans out.

Going to try the Strathy Parkrun tomorrow... having only done the Tollcross and Pollok parkruns, which feel like running up the north face of the Eiger, it'll be nice to do a nice flat run and hopefully get a PB.

Sadly, it's forecast to rain tomorrow. I know some people have said they don't mind running in the rain, but I hate it. Part of the reason is because I wear glasses, so they got all fogged up / covered in water and I can barely see a thing. Ran through at least 2 massive puddles last night, and nearly ran into a lamppost.

Going to try the Strathy Parkrun tomorrow... having only done the Tollcross and Pollok parkruns, which feel like running up the north face of the Eiger, it'll be nice to do a nice flat run and hopefully get a PB.

Sadly, it's forecast to rain tomorrow. I know some people have said they don't mind running in the rain, but I hate it. Part of the reason is because I wear glasses, so they got all fogged up / covered in water and I can barely see a thing. Ran through at least 2 massive puddles last night, and nearly ran into a lamppost.

Why not get contact lenses?

The description you give is part of the reason I ended up getting them. Went paintballing years back, and the glasses kept steaming up under my visor. I was a sitting duck. Never again!

Why not get contact lenses?

The description you give is part of the reason I ended up getting them. Went paintballing years back, and the glasses kept steaming up under my visor. I was a sitting duck. Never again!

Aye, I used to have contacts. The problem is that I'm really squeamish about sticking my fingers in my eyes!

I guess I'll just have to man up.

I've ran Strathy and Pollok about the same number of times (about 8 runs at each) and there's not much difference in my pb's.

The problem with Strathclyde is that it's really exposed. So if it's windy you can just about forget about getting a pb and be careful if your glasses do steam up because there is always one massive puddle there.