P&b Running Club

Oh, and since you guys were taking part, you'll have missed this gem on the TV.

They were interviewing the 72 year old clown (dressed as a clown, he didn't seem that much of a clown) that started right at the back of the 10k and collected charity money all the way round (he's raised more than £150k over the years). He gave a cracking quote - "I don't care where I finish, I get exactly the same medal as the guy that wins it".

I know in true P&B fashion I may get ripped for liking that, but I though it's a brilliant quote that sums up mass-participation running for me.

Oh, and since you guys were taking part, you'll have missed this gem on the TV.

They were interviewing the 72 year old clown (dressed as a clown, he didn't seem that much of a clown) that started right at the back of the 10k and collected charity money all the way round (he's raised more than £150k over the years). He gave a cracking quote - "I don't care where I finish, I get exactly the same medal as the guy that wins it".

I know in true P&B fashion I may get ripped for liking that, but I though it's a brilliant quote that sums up mass-participation running for me.

I saw snippets on the TV, they were interviewing the woman's winner of the the half I think and some wee guy in red finished the t shirt went to the railing nearest the interview and barfed!

Completed the half Marathon an hour later than my target time. I could barely run after the 4 mile mark due to my knee. In the end I was just glad to be able to do the distance at least I beat the guy in the humpty dumpty costume :P.

Raised £850 so far for Crohn's and Colitis UK, I've had Crohns disease since I was 15, and still got a few donations to come. My work is going to match whatever I raise so will be up to £1700. I am over the moon with that didn't think I would get anywhere near that amount! :)

Completed the half Marathon an hour later than my target time. I could barely run after the 4 mile mark due to my knee. In the end I was just glad to be able to do the distance at least I beat the guy in the humpty dumpty costume :P.

Raised £850 so far for Crohn's and Colitis UK, I've had Crohns disease since I was 15, and still got a few donations to come. My work is going to match whatever I raise so will be up to £1700. I am over the moon with that didn't think I would get anywhere near that amount! :)

GreenDot.gif

Well done Jack!! That's an awesome amount for a great cause.

Well done Jack!! That's an awesome amount for a great cause.

Cheers mate. Well done on the pb that's an excellent time.

Good to see so many p & b members complete the 10k and half Marathon!

Really liked that course will hopefully get a decent shot at in 2014.

Superb and well done to your work for matching it, that's a great gesture.

Shame about the injury but hey the fundraising is the main thing.

Managed 1:47:39, not bad for my first ever half marathon! Thought underestimating my time would have been an annoyance but worked out ok once I cleared the melee on St Vincent St. Don't think I've ever cleared a pint faster than my first St Mungo's after the finish. Congratulations to everyone who took part. Great day and near-enough £800 raised for Leuchie House too :-)

Managed 1:47:39, not bad for my first ever half marathon! Thought underestimating my time would have been an annoyance but worked out ok once I cleared the melee on St Vincent St. Don't think I've ever cleared a pint faster than my first St Mungo's after the finish. Congratulations to everyone who took part. Great day and near-enough £800 raised for Leuchie House too :-)

Congrats to you and the funds you raised.

Well done everyone! Baggio, did you have a Peroni? ;-)

I did a very hilly, very hard trail 5k race today. I have no idea of time as I forgot to stop my Garmin when I finished, but I was treating that as a fun run so ran slower than I normally would in a race. I was goosed though. Legs like lead. I suppose it doesn't help when the baby had me up every hour last night and I took a codydramol due to having a headache for 48 hours...Not ideal race preparation. Hey ho though, to be racing 7 months after having had a baby by c-section can't be all bad! Next stop, Glack Attack in November before stepping up again to the Nairn 10k at the end of Feb. This is coming into my favourite time of year for running, but getting out is still proving to be a challenge. Hmm...

Well done to all who ran in today's event. Your a credit to yourselfs.

Out of curiosity, when's the next 10K that's close to me. (Live in Greenock)?

Bellahouston Harriers Jimmy Irvine 10K - 9th November is on. Quite an easy 10k. First 1k downhill (mad mental cavalry charge!) then flat. A pb course.