P&b Running Club

Final run this morning until Sunday GSR, did 5km in 25mins. Not too bad as I took a hilly route, well it had a hill in it, so now just rest up and look forward to Sunday.

Got in the zone for about 5mins where I felt great and it seemed easy, just couldn't maintain that same feeling even though the run was not that that tough.

Just realised I said zone out loud in public.

Wow. A new low.

Went out on Sunday morning, 10km in 52 minutes and every second of it was a struggle. Will stay off the Whisky from now on.

Went out last night and done 17.4ish km in 1:35. Checked my phone at around 12.5km and at that point the clock was at 1:12, so pretty happy that I managed to up the pace considerably and for a decent distance. Another 3 weeks until the HM i'm doing. Undecided if I'll cover the full distance before hand or use the route I done last night as a maximum. Felt I could have managed another good while but it was getting late and pitch black in some places, so called it quits through fear of tripping over something and gubbing an ankle or a knee.

Been running around 4 miles daily for the past 3/4 months. Out of curiosity, what would be a good time for a solid 10K?

I've never actually ran a 10K and kept time, but planning on doing it tomorrow.

Everyone is at different levels, what I would suggest you do is run the first one and then just keep improving on that time.

Tried some of that Rock Tape for the first time last night. Tremendous stuff, not a twinge to speak of from the old glute. Enjoyed it so much I've still got it on, it's like wearing a pair of lovely hot pants (not hotpants. I wouldn't know what that's like.).

Is rock tape the same as the kinesiology tape? Except branded?

I was gonna give that a bash just for the week niggle i have but decided not to bother. I wouldn't know how to apply the stuff.

Last run tonight before sunday. A gentle 6 and a wee bit km in about 34mins. Absolutely battering down the whole time which wasnt very enjoyable. Both knees were actually a bit sore during it - I'm hoping down to the dampness over the last couple of days. :unsure:

Anyone else get this?

Last run tonight before sunday. A gentle 6 and a wee bit km in about 34mins. Absolutely battering down the whole time which wasnt very enjoyable. Both knees were actually a bit sore during it - I'm hoping down to the dampness over the last couple of days. :unsure:

Anyone else get this?

Maybe lack of warm up?

Just knees taking a pounding on the Tarmac?

Is rock tape the same as the kinesiology tape? Except branded?

I was gonna give that a bash just for the week niggle i have but decided not to bother. I wouldn't know how to apply the stuff.

Aye, that's the stuff. There are videos on their website and YouTube, some of them bordering on the predatory tbh. Worth watching for a laugh if nothing else.

Aye, that's the stuff. There are videos on their website and YouTube, some of them bordering on the predatory tbh. Worth watching for a laugh if nothing else.

Tesco had shoulder tape/strips that were reduced and I was standing there wondering if I could use them on my calves for a good 5 mins.

I decided to pass.

Anyone else get this?

Hope its just down to weather! Most runs I feel a bit sore in random places until I get into my stride.

I tried going out a run there and could feel my left knee getting sore after half a mile so chucked it then. Will be a gentle jog round the Glasgow Half Marathon for me. Really disappointed after all those months of training but at least I have raised a decent amount for charity and even better my work is matching all donations pound for pound :)

Hope its just down to weather! Most runs I feel a bit sore in random places until I get into my stride.

I tried going out a run there and could feel my left knee getting sore after half a mile so chucked it then. Will be a gentle jog round the Glasgow Half Marathon for me. Really disappointed after all those months of training but at least I have raised a decent amount for charity and even better my work is matching all donations pound for pound :)

Nice!, not nice for the wee injury you have picked up, more for the amount you have raised and the fact you will still participate and finish the run.

Was out for 25 mins tonight, covered about 4k. Managed 15 mins to start without stopping which I am happy with considering 6 weeks ago I struggled to run for 2 minutes.

Does anyone else find themselves in pain the first 2 or 3 mins of a run? I'm fine once I'm in to my stride but the first 2 or 3 mins are horrible, feels like my legs have no 'spring' in them.

Was out for 25 mins tonight, covered about 4k. Managed 15 mins to start without stopping which I am happy with considering 6 weeks ago I struggled to run for 2 minutes.

Does anyone else find themselves in pain the first 2 or 3 mins of a run? I'm fine once I'm in to my stride but the first 2 or 3 mins are horrible, feels like my legs have no 'spring' in them.

Yeah I feel everything tight for at least 5 mins, my knees hurt, I start to feel old niggles, right calves and then after that I'm alright.

But more importantly your progress is great. Soon be busting out 30mins non stop with ease and even with that 4km in 25mins is a decent clip for someone running for such a small length of time.

Doing the 10k on sunday and wondering what people reckon is the best scran to have beforehand and when to have it. Cheers.

Ideally something like porridge/bananas.

2-3 hours before the race starts.

So around what 7-7:30.

But ideally you should try and eat things you are used to eating before runs.

If you change what you eat now it could end messy!