P&b Running Club

When is your next 10km?

I moved up to HM distance, and have never really moved back. After doing the GSR 10k, my wife lit the challenge-fuse by saying I should move up to half marathon, and I got addicted to long, dull, pointless runs...

My Endomondo always gives me my best 10k time one any long run, so I track the time from there.

I moved up to HM distance, and have never really moved back. After doing the GSR 10k, my wife lit the challenge-fuse by saying I should move up to half marathon, and I got addicted to long, dull, pointless runs...

My Endomondo always gives me my best 10k time one any long run, so I track the time from there.

You running the GSR half this weekend then?

You running the GSR half this weekend then?

nope, I hate running in the winter, and then left it too late to switch from gym work onto serious road miles in the summer. PLus the really hot weather killed me when I was just pushing myself to get back into it. I wasn't going to be fit in time so didn;t enter. Complete beamer, and it'll hurt watching on TV this weekend.

Edited by Boghead ranter

nope, I hate running in the winter, and then left it too late to switch from gym work onto serious road miles in the summer. PLus the really hot weather killed me when I was just pushing myself to get back into it. I wasn't going to be fit in time so didn;t enter. Complete beamer, and it'll hurt watching on TV this weekend.

You can still enter the 10km!

It'll be mild weather this Sunday.

10km this afternoon in my best time of 54 mins.

Delighted.

Was supposed to run for longer but thought 10km would do the business.

No hills on the route I ran but hoping that the runners can pull me through to a similar time.

You easily will. Race day is worth at least a minute over race simulation runs.

Brilliant time Kenzie. I did this 2 years ago now and loved apart from the last 2 miles, the hill at Dores didn't bother me so much as I knew it was coming. I managed a 3 hr 30 so very impressed with time.

Cheers. Yeah, I knew it was coming but I just couldn’t cope physically. More mileage in the legs and extra hill training required prior to next year’s intended attempt.

Who is all taking part in the GSR this weekend? I’ll likely head over to Bellahouston Park to encourage runners. If you want a personal shout let me know your intended attire and I’ll keep an eye out for you. If I’m feeling generous I might even invest in some jelly babies or a cheaper alternative!

Cheers. Yeah, I knew it was coming but I just couldn’t cope physically. More mileage in the legs and extra hill training required prior to next year’s intended attempt.

Who is all taking part in the GSR this weekend? I’ll likely head over to Bellahouston Park to encourage runners. If you want a personal shout let me know your intended attire and I’ll keep an eye out for you. If I’m feeling generous I might even invest in some jelly babies or a cheaper alternative!

Damn! I may take a detour to the half marathon route if legit jelly babies are up for grabs!

Nice one for getting out to support.

Damn! I may take a detour to the half marathon route if legit jelly babies are up for grabs!

Nice one for getting out to support.

:lol: Now I feel bad for neglecting the 10k runners! I'll aim to find somewhere to support them also, not worth wasting legit jelly babies on 10k runners though! :P I'll likely do a leisurely jog to wherever I go to avoid road closures and the general business.

:lol: Now I feel bad for neglecting the 10k runners! I'll aim to find somewhere to support them also, not worth wasting legit jelly babies on 10k runners though! :P I'll likely do a leisurely jog to wherever I go to avoid road closures and the general business.

Lol I'll take non branded jelly babies too!

It couldn't have been that bad if you're already talking about next year.

You still disappointed with your time? You shouldn't be, that's still a great time for a 1st marathon.

As someone who only started couch to 5k in July and conquered 5k in 5 weeks, I've started prep for the Inverness 1/2 early next year. Not worried about time, only a constant pace and managed over 13k on Sunday with a few hills. One big run a week. 2 shorter 5ks or there abouts.

As someone who only started couch to 5k in July and conquered 5k in 5 weeks, I've started prep for the Inverness 1/2 early next year. Not worried about time, only a constant pace and managed over 13k on Sunday with a few hills. One big run a week. 2 shorter 5ks or there abouts.

Nice work mate, I'm sure once the half rolls around you will be well prepared.

It couldn't have been that bad if you're already talking about next year.

You still disappointed with your time? You shouldn't be, that's still a great time for a 1st marathon.

It's more the determination of improving for next year and being able to beast it up THAT hill. I know now what to focus on training wise next time. Illness and a lack of spare time also didn't help when training.

Disappointed as I felt I was capable of maintaining 13.3kph pace throughout which would've been around a 3:10 time. I felt I'd set myself an achievable goal, so in that sense I'm disappointed. I'm pleased to have done my first marathon and that I still have the feeling of wanting to do it again.

first proper run this morning since Great North Run did 5.25 miles in 38m.25s which isn't the greatest pace but pleased to get through with no ill effects and new trainers on. Dunbar 10 miler on Saturday looks hilly but hopefully get a 75min finish time. Not trained properly in nearly three weeks though.http://www.dunbarrunningclub.com/

Final run this morning until Sunday GSR, did 5km in 25mins. Not too bad as I took a hilly route, well it had a hill in it, so now just rest up and look forward to Sunday.

Got in the zone for about 5mins where I felt great and it seemed easy, just couldn't maintain that same feeling even though the run was not that that tough.