P&b Running Club

Wondering if anyone can help me out. For about the last 2/3 months the day after each run I have been getting pain in my right groin and abdomen( on the side at the front and back). It doesnt feel like a groin strain as when I am exercising it is fine. However the next day the pain is there all the time. It is especially sore if i try and squeeze my legs together. I also dont feel it is a hernia as there is no obvious lump on my stomach and there is no pain lifting (and my balls still move up and down when I cough :unsure2: ). Anyone had anything similar.

No idea I'm afraid, could it perhaps be some kind of pull in your abdominal muscles when you've twisted somehow? Might explain why it doesn't hurt when you're running, if you're not really using those muscles? That could all be bullshit however.

Managed my fastest 'short' run last night in a good while, 5.2 miles in just over 40 mins, and that was after a couple of days rest too. First time in a while that I've run without a compression top, felt a wee bit free-er when I was running so tempted to go without next week for the GSR. I'm not sure what effect it really makes when I'm out, and I'm a wee bit reluctant to change what I've been doing for most of the training so far, but if it helps...

I know it's mere details, but anyone have any thoughts?

No idea I'm afraid, could it perhaps be some kind of pull in your abdominal muscles when you've twisted somehow? Might explain why it doesn't hurt when you're running, if you're not really using those muscles? That could all be bullshit however.

Managed my fastest 'short' run last night in a good while, 5.2 miles in just over 40 mins, and that was after a couple of days rest too. First time in a while that I've run without a compression top, felt a wee bit free-er when I was running so tempted to go without next week for the GSR. I'm not sure what effect it really makes when I'm out, and I'm a wee bit reluctant to change what I've been doing for most of the training so far, but if it helps...

I know it's mere details, but anyone have any thoughts?

Probably more mental than physical so if you feel better without the compression top I'd continue with that.

Wondering if anyone can help me out. For about the last 2/3 months the day after each run I have been getting pain in my right groin and abdomen( on the side at the front and back). It doesnt feel like a groin strain as when I am exercising it is fine. However the next day the pain is there all the time. It is especially sore if i try and squeeze my legs together. I also dont feel it is a hernia as there is no obvious lump on my stomach and there is no pain lifting (and my balls still move up and down when I cough :unsure2: ). Anyone had anything similar.

Could still be a groin strain mate. When I first got mine it didn't hurt when running after a week of rest, but it would hurt the next day. I would advise going to doctors or physio to get it checked out.

Anyway 10k run last night around Bishy. First pace run in a while done in 40 mins 37 secs. Seem to be about 50 secs down on were I was pre illness and subsequent treadmill training. Will find out for sure on 06/10.

Isn't this sorta time only 5-6 mins off the winning times in the glasgow 10km??

So in the coming months/ years would you be looking to improve times? Or would you much more likely go up in distance?

Maybe a bit faster, but I think I am approaching my peak. Can't see me getting below 37 mins as I don't have the speed - but then I said that about 40 mins a few years ago.

I really wish I took up running earlier (started 5 years ago at 24 years old) as I missed a good few of my prime years. It is amazing to think that I could barely run the length of myself 5 years ago and was some 5 stone heavier!

Re longer distance races - will probably be doing at least one of these a year going forward.

Maybe a bit faster, but I think I am approaching my peak. Can't see me getting below 37 mins as I don't have the speed - but then I said that about 40 mins a few years ago.

I really wish I took up running earlier (started 5 years ago at 24 years old) as I missed a good few of my prime years. It is amazing to think that I could barely run the length of myself 5 years ago and was some 5 stone heavier!

Re longer distance races - will probably be doing at least one of these a year going forward.

Just on that, how did you improve your times year on year?

Was there certain routines? Fartlek/hill training Etc etc

Just on that, how did you improve your times year on year?

Was there certain routines? Fartlek/hill training Etc etc

Started doing some hill training this year and it has certainly made a difference. Also found that strengthening my core over the last couple of years has helped, as has lots of cardio weights in the gym.

No real secret to success really - just working hard in the gym and pushing hard on the road!