P&b Running Club

Probably just under 1hr 33min for me which is about a 6 minute PB.

I was never really threatening to go sub 90 min and the last 3 miles were a bit sore. I knew they would given the lack of long runs recently.

I decided to just start at the very front of the green group because I heard that there was a 10 min gap between the start times of the white & green groups. However I think the delayed start meant that there wasn't that big a gap. That meant I had to start weaving through the white group as I went over the Kingston Bridge.

However it was brilliant running up St.Vincent St more or less on my own.

Not long back from the half marathon. Completed it in 1hr 44mins 47secs (by my stop watch). Quite pleased that, felt I paced myself well.

First 10k for me. Absolutely delighted with 50.21. Fantatsic experience.

Probably just under 1hr 33min for me which is about a 6 minute PB.

I was never really threatening to go sub 90 min and the last 3 miles were a bit sore. I knew they would given the lack of long runs recently.

I decided to just start at the very front of the green group because I heard that there was a 10 min gap between the start times of the white & green groups. However I think the delayed start meant that there wasn't that big a gap. That meant I had to start weaving through the white group as I went over the Kingston Bridge.

However it was brilliant running up St.Vincent St more or less on my own.

Ran out of greenies (or whatever they're called) by this point in the thread, so well done to the above also! :thumsup2

I ended up running about trying to stalk the great man (Haile) wherever possible. :ph34r: Got a handshake after the race! :) The guy is an inspiration.

From what I could tell the course seems better than before, it's actually fairly similar to a run I often do on my way home from work. I reckon the finish looks more runner friendly also, i.e. not thinking you're nearly there when you've still got quite a way to go as it always seemed before.

Felt weird not to be doing it this year, but I would've never have done myself justice.

Ran out of greenies (or whatever they're called) by this point in the thread, so well done to the above also! :thumsup2

I ended up running about trying to stalk the great man (Haile) wherever possible. :ph34r: Got a handshake after the race! :) The guy is an inspiration.

From what I could tell the course seems better than before, it's actually fairly similar to a run I often do on my way home from work. I reckon the finish looks more runner friendly also, i.e. not thinking you're nearly there when you've still got quite a way to go as it always seemed before.

Felt weird not to be doing it this year, but I would've never have done myself justice.

It was genuinely amazing seeing him running.

You should have ran, even just to finish would have been great. Treading the same path that haile ran.

Kudos on getting a handshake though, something to live long in the memory.

He ran past me twice when he was warming up. The first time I just shouted "Haile" and he gave me a friendly wave & hello as he ran past. The second time I was trying to get a photo but he ran past again (with the same friendly wave & hello ).

Bloody professionals eh, imagine not interrupting his warm up to get a photo taken with an idiot shouting at him in a broad Glaswegian accent.

Edited by Ziggy

Congrats to everyone here that ran (especially Baggio, had no idea you were running today).

I stunned myself with a 2:00:40 finish in the half. I had prepared for 2:30.

The new course is great and before I knew it we were at 11 miles. The people that came out and supported were magnificent. They certainly helped give me a boost. The last mile was tremendous, felt like I found a 5th gear from somewhere.

Congrats to everyone here that ran (especially Baggio, had no idea you were running today).

I stunned myself with a 2:00:40 finish in the half. I had prepared for 2:30.

The new course is great and before I knew it we were at 11 miles. The people that came out and supported were magnificent. They certainly helped give me a boost. The last mile was tremendous, felt like I found a 5th gear from somewhere.

Nice one!

Yeah it was great cheering people on at the finish line, they seemed to really enjoy it.