P&b Running Club

Got back to Pollok park run yesterday. Disappointed with my time (21.53) and my finish (49th). Almost three minutes off my pb so hoping to try get back into the swing of things. Seemed to be an awful lot of good runners there too, more than usual. That's my lowest finish ever there by a good bit

I know it's all relative, but that's a great run, Bishy. Within 90 seconds of your PB when you're ill? You're being harsh on yourself!

Paul, the form comes back quickly. I was 3 minutes off mine 6 weeks ago but nice and close again yesterday. Stick at it.

Time for my own bit of negativity - my 30km LSR didn't go well today. I'm putting it down to the sun and it being really warm; I had 170ml of water and a couple of gels, but ran out of water at 18km and felt rotten coming back in. Stopped to walk after 24k, and intermittently on the way back after that. Not good at all.

Achillies Tendonitis flares up again 7 days before GNR - f**k my life. So 6 months of recovering slowly and getting up to distance fucked by a little 2.5 mile jaunt on Saturday afternoon. Rest all week - hopefully can get physio appointment or thats me out another race - beyond devastated

Achillies Tendonitis flares up again 7 days before GNR - f**k my life. So 6 months of recovering slowly and getting up to distance fucked by a little 2.5 mile jaunt on Saturday afternoon. Rest all week - hopefully can get physio appointment or thats me out another race - beyond devastated

That really sucks mate. Hopefully you are ok come race day.

That really sucks mate. Hopefully you are ok come race day.

Cheers mate it feels slightly better this morning but still achy as f**k - the most annoying thing is I won't be able to tell until I run and I don't want to run until the race as scared I make it worse. So on the day I could get 200 yards into race and be fucked. Annoying as was well on course for a 1hr 33 pb in training. Just want to finish now.

Out last night and managed 9km in around 49 minutes. Still a bit off my fastest but given I have done very little running in the last 4 or 5 weeks I'm just happy I could manage the distance. Will see if I can manage a bit longer tomorrow. Got 6 weeks to get into HM shape.

Went out after work tonight; just under 12k in 54 minutes with 203m of ascent, most of which was going round Arthurs Seat and up Dalkeith Road. I won't make it out before the Scottish Half on Saturday now, but feel pretty happy with where I am. Will use it as a tempo run, a PB's a bit beyond me even if it is meant to be a fast course.

Sorry to hear that fanny. I'm also running the Loch Ness (1st ever marathon) and am training whilst dreading a last minute injury.

The good news is that I've had Plantar Fasciitis before and if you rest it completely you should be fine in time for the marathon. It's 3 1/2 weeks away so you'd be tapering soon anyway. When I had it I think it was around 2 weeks before the pain had gone, but I gave it total rest and built up the runs slowly afterwards.

Hope you get fixed up quickly.

Sorry to hear that fanny. I'm also running the Loch Ness (1st ever marathon) and am training whilst dreading a last minute injury.

The good news is that I've had Plantar Fasciitis before and if you rest it completely you should be fine in time for the marathon. It's 3 1/2 weeks away so you'd be tapering soon anyway. When I had it I think it was around 2 weeks before the pain had gone, but I gave it total rest and built up the runs slowly afterwards.

Hope you get fixed up quickly.

I still have a 22 mile run to do on Sunday. It doesnt hurt after about 10 mins of the run, but it is getting sorer by the day afterwards.

On my way back from the Scottish Half. Provisional time of 1h 34m 41s is both much quicker than I had expected, and frustratingly 10s short of a PB! I trusted my Garmin for distance/pace and thought I was comfortably on to beat it, but it measured 21.6k vy the end. Hey ho. Felt really good today so I'll take it.

Good luck to everyone running GNR tomorrow.

Edited by morrison

Sorry to hear that fanny.

That made me laugh.

Anyway, I did a 10km run today, down from my house to the Union Canal, along to Cargo and back. It took me just under an hour (59:50), which I was a little disappointed with. It wasn't a 'proper' 10k as I stopped and ate a banana at Cargo, which is 5ikm in. I'm planning on running that a couple of times a week from now on, trying to bring my timedown.

On my way back from the Scottish Half. Provisional time of 1h 34m 41s is both much quicker than I had expected, and frustratingly 10s short of a PB! I trusted my Garmin for distance/pace and thought I was comfortably on to beat it, but it measured 21.6k vy the end. Hey ho. Felt really good today so I'll take it.

Good luck to everyone running GNR tomorrow.

I did the Scottish half today as well, and although I don't have a Garmin, the folk I shared lifts with who did both said the course was too long as well.

Bit of a strange one for me today. Finished in 1:31:35 to beat my PB by 38 seconds but felt like I'd had a pretty bad run, which meant I didn't really enjoy it as much as I should have. Legs felt like jelly pretty much from the start and there were many points in the second half of the race where I was very close to stopping and walking for a bit - I wasn't even checking mile splits after 8 miles and just assumed that there was no chance of a PB as I was struggling so much. Suppose you can't be disapponted doing a PB, but given the harder training I did for this and the flat course, I'd hoped to be a bit nearer the 90 minute mark. I was much happier with the 1:32:13 did in Inverness this year, but ach, there you go.

Greenock Parkrun for me this morning. Finished in 5th place in a new course pb of 17 mins 54 secs. Quite pleased with that as legs were still sore after stairs session on Thursday evening and it was fairly breezy as well!

Distance training for GSR Half starts tomorrow. My approach is thoroughly unscientific - do 21.1km on a Sunday instead of my usual 10km, with usual training rest of the time. Really can't be arsed with distance work, hence why I have left it to now to start. I know from past experience that I can cover the distance at a decent clip almost straight away, so four long runs will be enough to get me ready I think.

Perth parkrun today. Nice course, lovely views and very unundulating (that's defo not a word). First run in a while so pleased to get around 25m. Only a month the half marathon in Glasgow. Need to step things up a gear!

The grass part can be a bit iffy in the wet, but it's a very enjoyable run. And the view over the river to the palace is lovely, if you have the energy to lift your head enough to enjoy it!