P&b Running Club

I've always wondered about the Park Runs. Are they run on the same courses every week. Cause I know there's one down in Cramond, Edinburgh. Considering I live here and probably run the route quite a bit as it is. I'm tempted to get down and give it a shot. Not that I'd be especially fast, 5km would probably take me about 25 minutes right now.

That said my boss did the course the other week and got just over 20mins so I'm gonna aim to beat him by the end of the year! :lol:

Which I know I can do, I've ran sub 20 before when I was a fair bit fitter, it's just about getting back into it I suppose.

Yeah they are run on the same course every week. There are occasional cancellations, but these will be advertised in the e-mail newsletter and Facebook.

I've always wondered about the Park Runs. Are they run on the same courses every week. Cause I know there's one down in Cramond, Edinburgh. Considering I live here and probably run the route quite a bit as it is. I'm tempted to get down and give it a shot. Not that I'd be especially fast, 5km would probably take me about 25 minutes right now.

That said my boss did the course the other week and got just over 20mins so I'm gonna aim to beat him by the end of the year! :lol:

Which I know I can do, I've ran sub 20 before when I was a fair bit fitter, it's just about getting back into it I suppose.

The Edinburgh Parkrun's a good one. Being an out-and-back course, one way can feel substantially easier than the other depending on the wind, though! Being on the same course makes it handy to compare where you're at with your training, too.

Would quite like another around this part of the world to try out; the Glasgow runs are a bit too far out of the way to justify the trip through.

The Perth one is very flat as well, definitely a PB course.

I've not done much running the last few weeks as I've been struggling with a knee injury (continuing to referee football with the injury probably hasn't helped, but I hate turning down games). It seems to have calmed down again though so hopefully I'll get running a couple of times a week again soon.

The training for the GSR half marathon started in earnest tonight. Aiming for under 2 hours, so I was happy enough to do a quarter marathon in 55 minutes - despite some muppets outside a polling booth trying to thrust leaflets into my hand as I'm blowing out me arse.

The training for the GSR half marathon started in earnest tonight. Aiming for under 2 hours, so I was happy enough to do a quarter marathon in 55 minutes - despite some muppets outside a polling booth trying to thrust leaflets into my hand as I'm blowing out me arse.

You should be well inside 2 hours at that pace. If you want to come down to Nike Run Club next Thursday then you can do some sprints with us to help your pace further! Edited by BishyTON

You should be well inside 2 hours at that pace. If you want to come down to Nike Run Club next Thursday then you can do some sprints with us to help your pace further!

Cheers Bishy. I meant to come down a few weeks ago then caught the manflu and forgot about it. I've stuck it in my calendar for a week from today!

You should be well inside 2 hours at that pace. If you want to come down to Nike Run Club next Thursday then you can do some sprints with us to help your pace further!

Really need to get back to sprints/speedwork and hillwork to get my times back down again. Haven't done any since achillies injury in March. Did 5.1 miles in 38.10 this morning which is about 2 mins behind what I used to do.

It was indeed; no wind on the way back was a big help.

There's talk of a second Parkrun in Edinburgh based in Portobello to start later in the year. Cramond's easier for me to get to but I'd be up for giving it a go for the change of scenery.

Did Pollok Parkrun yesterday. Finished 9th in a strong field in 18 mins 14 secs (3rd fastest for course - 12 secs outside best). Relatively happy with that.

Did another half marathon training run this morning in 1 hour 26 mins exactly. Aiming for at least sub 1 hour 25 mins at GSR.

It was indeed; no wind on the way back was a big help.

There's talk of a second Parkrun in Edinburgh based in Portobello to start later in the year. Cramond's easier for me to get to but I'd be up for giving it a go for the change of scenery.

That would be good, especially given the numbers that can turn up at Cramond. Portobello can be just as windy though, although would be good to have an option. I've always wondered how big a Parkrun at the Meadows could be.

Who is running in Inverness on Sunday?

I'll be attempting to. Mainly going for the pasta party and quite weekend now. Lack of any long runs since Edinburgh marathon will likely mean a extremely tough second half to the race, but looking forward to it and the mental/physical challenge that will bring.

Are you running?

That would be good, especially given the numbers that can turn up at Cramond. Portobello can be just as windy though, although would be good to have an option. I've always wondered how big a Parkrun at the Meadows could be.

Reading their Facebook page, appears it'll be based in Figgate Park rather than along the promenade, which sounds decent.

Who is running in Inverness on Sunday?

I'll be there. Looking forward to it now.

I'll be there. Looking forward to it now.

Have you set yourself any goals timewise?

I'd like to think I could challenge last years time of 3:19:37, but it's unlikely. Will be preparing myself for the long hill at 20/21 miles this time, that defeated me big time last year.

Have you set yourself any goals timewise?

I'd like to think I could challenge last years time of 3:19:37, but it's unlikely. Will be preparing myself for the long hill at 20/21 miles this time, that defeated me big time last year.

When you say defeated do you mean you packed up your bags and went home, or do you mean you slowed down a bit and were puffed out? :)

I'm planning on running to East Kilbride tomorrow morning. If anything's going to defeat me, it's that hill at Castlemilk.