P&b Running Club

2 laps around the Cooper Park including a wee out and back past Borough Briggs. Not a bad course - flat/fast.

Tempo run with some hills with a pal tonight - just short of 4 miles.

Added another hill on last night, took me up to just under 5km with a 100m altitude gain. Took me 29 minutes which is a few minutes over what I was managing on that route about 18 months ago. The second hill was definitely a mistake, back was killing me the entire way back up. Need to lose a bit of weight but that should hopefully take care of itself as I get back into this more often.

Legs feel surprisingly good this morning, was expecting an absolute world of pain.

20 miles knocked out today. Didn't realise how warm it was going to be - positively 'Springy' - and had to take the base layer off after 6. My legs weren't really in the mood from the start and whinged the whole way round, but it's done now!

Good luck to Scorge with the D33 today, and to those running Alloa tomorrow.

20 miles knocked out today. Didn't realise how warm it was going to be - positively 'Springy' - and had to take the base layer off after 6. My legs weren't really in the mood from the start and whinged the whole way round, but it's done now!

Good luck to Scorge with the D33 today, and to those running Alloa tomorrow.

Cheers, but I'm afraid D33 turned out to be D0 - picked up a nasty chest infection on Wednesday and I just couldn't shake it in time.

Deeply frustrating, but probably the right call given what the doctor said yesterday about likely consequences.

Entering Speyside and hoping third time lucky....

Did my final pre Manchester Marathon 20 miler today. Probably the worst run of my entire training schedule but it's done. Head wasn't in it and could not get motivated.

Alloa half marathon next week which I'm looking forward to. Probably my fav half marathon. Always really well organised and a good course.

5.5km tonight much quicker than last few weeks. Down to 33 minutes for that which isn't too shabby for me.

Was planning on doing the Skye half marathon....until I realised I had dates wrong by a month. Any recommendations for decent halfs around July? Thinking I might just do Edinburgh again but not sure if I'd get a PR from last year which I'd want!

5.5km tonight much quicker than last few weeks. Down to 33 minutes for that which isn't too shabby for me.

Was planning on doing the Skye half marathon....until I realised I had dates wrong by a month. Any recommendations for decent halfs around July? Thinking I might just do Edinburgh again but not sure if I'd get a PR from last year which I'd want!

http://scottishrunningguide.com/races/07/2016

I am pondering doing the Edinburgh half again.  I really fancy doing the Black Rock Five which is pretty soon after it so I might do that and give the Edinburgh half a miss.

http://scottishrunningguide.com/races/07/2016

I am pondering doing the Edinburgh half again.  I really fancy doing the Black Rock Five which is pretty soon after it so I might do that and give the Edinburgh half a miss.

Thanks, was trying to find something like that but couldn't see anything. Might have to think again about doing a half then.

That Black Rock Five looks good, might give that a shot. And the Edinburgh half....

If you want something different to Edinburgh the Kirkcudbright half marathon is the day before (although some mad folk do both). Seems to get good feedback from the runners that do it. Course might be a wee bit hilly.

Getting sorely tempted to do it myself. I usually cover it for work and there's an 11k the same day, however after doing nine miles on Saturday and just over 10 tonight (I think, my app on my phone stopped after two!) I think I might be able to manage it. My only worries are my knee has been playing up for 10 days, although doesn't seem to get any worse, and the aforementioned hilliness.

Unlucky there Scorge - right decision though. You could probably get away with a shorter race but to run that kind of distance with a heavy chest wouldn't be great.

Not bad going there at Inverness, Chris. I always find it hard on a warm day, and especially so when it's not been like that when you were training. I like the course there.

Sorry to anyone who was interested in the Forth Bridge 10k - I'd have posted a reminder, but it sold out in 11 minutes, before I even knew it had opened! It's a shame numbers are limited to 400, but the route doesn't really allow any more.

As for summer half marathons, Barry Buddon near Carnoustie was good last year and I hope to do it again this year. It's n late August though, rather than July.

I still haven't managed out running, so pretty much no chance of making London now and definitely won't make Alloa on Sunday. New target is to be fit for the Loch Leven half in May.

I just entered the Edinburgh half marathon.  I've got about ten weeks to train.

I'm moving from doing shifts to working Monday-Friday so one thing I'm going to do is start doing the Edinburgh parkrun, hopefully doing a regular quicker 5km will balance off doing longer runs.  I'm going to try and get a few more long runs done for this one, try and run at least one 9-11 miler a week in the next couple of months.

Monday to Friday routine will definitley help on that front. All the best with traning.

Enjoyed Elgin parkrun, was busier than I expected! Good route, will likely have another crack in the summer...

That'll set you in good stead so quick off the back of Inverness, good luck.

I did the Run Garioch half in Inverurie this morning. It's a hilly bugger, and the wind was tough in the middle of the race. Despite that, and going out too fast - 3:49, 3:44 for 1-2km - I got in at 1:28:01. Delighted after a minor knock hampered training for a few weeks, and haven't felt anything since. Very encouraging leading into Brighton now.

How did the Alloa folk get on today (which wasn't last week like I posted before, d'oh)?

How did the Alloa folk get on today (which wasn't last week like I posted before, d'oh)?

Perfect conditions on a glorious day on what's one of the best organised halves in the country....it's just that I had a shocker. Was ready to quit at 8k but kept going purely because I wanted the t-shirt. Hobbled in around 2:04 and decided to pull out of Manchester Marathon. Leg is gubbed and only getting worse. :-(