Smith

Labuschagne

Stokes

Paine

Cummins

Lyon

Broad

Hazlewood

Not much choice for the top 3 to be honest as the Aussie top order has been pretty rank. Burns has made a couple of decent scores and I think Root and Denly are something like the 5th and 6th top scorers this series which seems ridiculous given how poor they’ve seemed. But you can’t put Warner, Bancroft, Harris or Roy there. Smith, Labuschagne and Stokes pick themselves. Picked Paine just to have a keeper, as both have been shite. 4 bowlers pick themselves for me.

9 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

My team of the Ashes so far:

Burns

Denly

Root

Smith

Labuschagne

Stokes

Paine

Cummins

Lyon

Broad

Hazlewood

Not much choice for the top 3 to be honest as the Aussie top order has been pretty rank. Burns has made a couple of decent scores and I think Root and Denly are something like the 5th and 6th top scorers this series which seems ridiculous given how poor they’ve seemed. But you can’t put Warner, Bancroft, Harris or Roy there. Smith, Labuschagne and Stokes pick themselves. Picked Paine just to have a keeper, as both have been shite. 4 bowlers pick themselves for me.

Can't argue with that. A very good assesment.

My team of the Ashes so far:

Burns
Denly
Root
Smith
Labuschagne
Stokes
Paine
Cummins
Lyon
Broad
Hazlewood

I agree with your team but I think there is room for an argument over Archers inclusion. The one England bowler to have caused the best batsman in the series problems

Watching quite a bit of Ashes reruns recently and it really struck me how many poor decisions there are - I don’t mean it’s particularly excessive but there’s a few really poor ones. You never, ever hear players etc complain about officials though. It also highlights how good an addition DRS is in the game.