The Cricket Thread

bewlay

And the Welsh Fire Ladies team play their home games in Bristol and Taunton. 

It’s meant to represent the counties of Glamorgan, Somerset and Gloucs despite the misleading name. Although there a few players from those counties, none of the player were born in any of the three. That’s the difference with franchise cricket I suppose, like Kohli being from Dehli but spending his entire franchise career at RCB.

Hadn't realised (though shame on me for being so naive) that this qualifier shitshow Scotland are playing in is only to pre-qualify for the main event, the 6 qualifiers go into 2 groups of 4 with Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and 4 teams qualify from there to go with the top 8 (which includes Afghanistan who edged out SL at the ranking point cut off).
Also just assumed it was the top 3 in each group who went through but it isn't, only 1st guarantees you qualify so we need to win out, hope Netherlands beat Singapore tomorrow, and then pump the Netherlands so NRR goes in our favour. Or if Singapore win then hope they lose one of their other games.

Given that 6 teams qualify I think Scotland should make it, but they’ve chosen the wrong time to become a bit iffy after coming into this as the very heavy favourites (even when Zimbabwe were involved).

I think Scotland, Netherlands, UAE, Ireland, Oman and on recent form Singapore would take those places. Canada and PNG being the wildcard shouts. Hong Kong seem to have remarkably bombed with 3 losses from 3 despite being third favourites behind Scotland, Netherlands and the UAE.

Jersey beat UAE yesterday so it seems as if this T20 clusterfuck isn’t just happening to Scotland right now
Been a few shock results, hopefully Scotland can manage to beat Bermuda tomorrow then it all comes down to the final match against the Netherlands.

Scotland hammered the Netherlands in the Tri Series in August. So at least there's hope there.

2nd-3rd place gives you two chances to qualify for the T20 world Cup. Beath 2nd/3rd from other group and you're through, OR lose that and beat 4th place from the other group and you qualify.