The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Png cruising vs Singapore which almost certainly rules us out of the race for first with their NRR 

No chance of finishing first, even second will be a push tbh with Netherlands playing Bermuda tomorrow. PNG won by 43 runs, while Namibia beat Kenya by 87 runs. Table now looks like this.Screenshot_20191025-151354_Chrome.jpeg.c9cf9864689da61189d5b0199063c029.jpeg

PNG beat Kenya. The very slim chance of top spot has gone for Scotland but a minimum fourth spot and a one game playoff for qualification if now guaranteed. I think second or third spot is still possible but we would need to thrash Netherlands. 

PNG have now qualified as Group Winners unless Netherlands beat Scotland fairly comfortably. 

Not sure of the exact maths regarding the Net Run Rate. Will create a spreadsheet while watching the rugby and report back... 

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

This is absolute w**k, Scotland. We probably needed two hundred to have a chance of top three. If we were eighty all out it doesn't matter as we are guaranteed fourth anyway. May as well have gone for it. No logic in this tentative shite. 

I think that's a little harsh, they've tried to play some shots but the Dutch have bowled very well, and seem to pick up a wicket every time a partnership looks like settling in.

I think that's a little harsh, they've tried to play some shots but the Dutch have bowled very well, and seem to pick up a wicket every time a partnership looks like settling in.

That's what I thought too, you can't hit some of those balls anywhere, the Dutch bowlers have been on the money more often than not and they have fielded very well. 4th place it is then.

Looking like a playoff v either PNG, UAE or Canada I think. Only positive is they will all have played a game the day before they play us whereas we now have 3 full days off. All winnable games but we’ve been awful this tournament, would probably want to play Canada out of those three, that means them beating UAE comfortably this afternoon however.

ETA : whoever wins between Canada and UAE come 3rd, unless UAE thump Canada and they’ll end up second and Ireland will drop to forth. Confusing stuff.