The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Good comeback from Buttler. Despite Kohli's heroics, another easy win. Game was up after the Indian powerplay. You simply cannot win against the best T20 team in the world if you are 30-3 after 6. Rahul is a player seriously out of nick. 

2099378964_sadkohli.jpg.d5588cc346a067176afb80ef01aae162.jpg

Good comeback from Buttler. Despite Kohli's heroics, another easy win. Game was up after the Indian powerplay. You simply cannot win against the best T20 team in the world if you are 30-3 after 6. Rahul is a player seriously out of nick. 

2099378964_sadkohli.jpg.d5588cc346a067176afb80ef01aae162.jpg
Rahul didn’t look confident facing any of the balls at him, beaten all ends up by Wood with a very good ball tbf. Thought India might have recovered from starting badly but Kohli couldn't do it all himself and he was largely to blame for that with his call for an extra run getting Pant run out.

Superb knock by Buttler. At this point England will be more sure of what their T20 world cup line up will than the hosts are.

I'd love to see Joe Root back in the England side. Still can't get my head around why he isn't in the picture.
I'm a massive fan of Root, but I just don't think he's one of the best t20 batsmen in England right now. Bairstow, Roy, Morgan, Malan, Billings all above him in the pecking order. And that's before you even consider Alex Hales who is presumably being omitted for non cricket reasons

12 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:
I'd love to see Joe Root back in the England side. Still can't get my head around why he isn't in the picture.

I'm a massive fan of Root, but I just don't think he's one of the best t20 batsmen in England right now. Bairstow, Roy, Morgan, Malan, Billings all above him in the pecking order. And that's before you even consider Alex Hales who is presumably being omitted for non cricket reasons

He's certainly a different style to them, but I don't think that they are really any better. He also gives you more flexibility with ball, which none of the other batsmen do. Personally, I'd have him opening with Buttler, shift Roy down to 3 and Malan would be the one to make way.

Think it's clear that as long as Morgan is captain then there is no place for Hales in the squad. Obviously not trusted after the failed drug test.

He's certainly a different style to them, but I don't think that they are really any better. He also gives you more flexibility with ball, which none of the other batsmen do. Personally, I'd have him opening with Buttler, shift Roy down to 3 and Malan would be the one to make way.
You do realise Malan is the number one ranked t20 batsman in the world right?

37 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

You do realise Malan is the number one ranked t20 batsman in the world right?

I do, but I believe the ranking isn't a true reflection of the players abilities.

Another good set of figures from Archer if a little expensive, England lucky with two tight soft out signals & can have no complaints with the 3rd Umpire here.
I thought the one with Malan clearly bounced, but why does the camera quality on the zoom in look like something from a 1980s episode of You've Been Framed?

England need 186 to win.

Just now, peasy23 said:
2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:
Another good set of figures from Archer if a little expensive, England lucky with two tight soft out signals & can have no complaints with the 3rd Umpire here.

I thought the one with Malan clearly bounced, but why does the camera quality on the zoom in look like something from a 1980s episode of You've Been Framed?

I thought it bounced as well but due to the image quality the 3rd Umpire couldn't be sure the ring finger wasn't under it so couldn't overturn. Always seems to be the same with those cameras they can't seem to get them hi res enough for the long range shots.

Looked like Kohli had made an arse of this with the two spinners bowling consecutive overs, but Bairstow has just spooned one up in the air for Sundar to catch. Morgan coming in now though so it doesn't get any easier for the bowlers. 131-4.