The Cricket Thread

bewlay

South Africa in being bottling shitebags shock.
Surprised they got to 118-9 in the end, looked like they would be short of even that.

Rabada smacked Starc back over his head for a glorious 6 which was pleasing, but it was a chaotic innings from the Saffers.

Just now, peasy23 said:
4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
That looks on the ground tbh

Having given it out on the field I don't think any angle proved one way or another whether he had his fingers under it or not.

I think the TV umpire got it right, there was no evidence to overturn the soft signal. If it had been not out, I suspect that wouldn't have been overturned either.

18 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I get supporting England in Test Matches and even bilateral series, even though I hope they get grubbed every time.  But in a competition that Scotland are also in? 

There's more than enough cricket in Scotland domestically and through Scotland in 50 over and T20 stuff that for me living in Scotland and watching England and now and again Scotland on 'big' occaisions kind of seems the equivalent of the Rangers fan in Elgin who goes to the big Elgin game and that's it.

Not saying that's the case with anyone posting on here etc - it's just a total bug bear of mine. I understand historically how it came to be for many, but cricket in/ played by Scotland is far more accessible now than ever.

29 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I get supporting England in Test Matches and even bilateral series, even though I hope they get grubbed every time.  But in a competition that Scotland are also in? 

I support Scotland first and foremost, but I'm also very emotionally invested in the England team (I've been to more England games than Scotland games), it's impossible to just switch that off because Scotland happen to have also qualified. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

They're not in the same group, and very unlikely to meet. If, by some miracle, Scotland play England in the semis or final, I'll want Scotland to win. I want both sides to win, in the meantime. Though I have the excuse of divided parentage (this doesn't extend to hoping England do well at football).

This could just be me but does a lot of the hate for say the England football team come from the media being insufferable when they play, especially in a major tournament? Generally I think the punditry when it comes to the England cricket team is excellent and they all seem to be able to be critical on the team when they see flaws which makes it easier to want them to win?

Obviously if they ever play Scotland you want Scotland to win but I quite like the England cricket team.