The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What a turnaround...Excellent batting and although Smith looked as if he may just do it England's bowling came good.Anderson in particular..

Smith not happy with Strauss for not allowing him a runner.Need some bad blood before the winter tour.

England in the Semi finals with a game to spare....is it a dream?

Anyone watching the Aussies v Pakistan game? Some brilliant death bowling by Pakistan but it looks too little too late. Really exciting game.

Yeah, was a cracking finish.

I also see fatty Bresnan lost the plot on Twitter when someone took the piss out of his weight and got his knuckles rapped :lol:

ICC test team of the year (from September 2008-September 2009)

Gautam Gambhir (India), Andrew Strauss (England), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Thilan Samaraweera (Sri Lanka), Michael Clarke (Australia), MS Dhoni (India, capt & wk), Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh), Mitchell Johnson (Australia), Stuart Broad (England), Dale Steyn (South Africa)

Not sure how good a year Tendulkar's had- presumably fairly decent. Is Broad getting in for one good spell against Australia or is he in for his batting? Those are the only choices I'd query.

Edited by Fuctifano

ICC test team of the year (from September 2008-September 2009)

Gautam Gambhir (India), Andrew Strauss (England), AB de Villiers (South Africa), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Thilan Samaraweera (Sri Lanka), Michael Clarke (Australia), MS Dhoni (India, capt & wk), Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh), Mitchell Johnson (Australia), Stuart Broad (England), Dale Steyn (South Africa)

Not sure how good a year Tendulkar's had- presumably fairly decent. Is Broad getting in for one good spell against Australia or is he in for his batting? Those are the only choices I'd query.

I see that Mithchell Johnson got player of the year..i was a bit surprised at that..Strauss would have been my choice. Consistent with the bat and captaining his team to an Ashes victory.

Johnson could hardly find the strip for the first 3 test,s..i take it he must have bowled well elsewhere...i must have missed that.

Sill interesting game today..semi finals. No SA no India and no Sri Lanka..Can England make a game of it? Not sure what the final line up will be..Is Broad fit?

I see that Mithchell Johnson got player of the year..i was a bit surprised at that..Strauss would have been my choice. Consistent with the bat and captaining his team to an Ashes victory.

Johnson could hardly find the strip for the first 3 test,s..i take it he must have bowled well elsewhere...i must have missed that.

Sill interesting game today..semi finals. No SA no India and no Sri Lanka..Can England make a game of it? Not sure what the final line up will be..Is Broad fit?

As I said it was based on September - September. Johnson was nigh on unplayable in the 2 series Oz played vs SA last December - February (as well as hitting a century and 96* with the bat), hence him having such a high rep when he came to England- he also bowled well in the ODIs and the last 2 tests- a fair enough choice.

Typically England will revert to type here and be all out for 210, which the Aussies will knock off with 10 overs to spare.

Wright and Bresnan have given England a chance here. If they can bat till the 45th over then England may get around 260, which is defendable. It will be tough but possible. Its been a great partnership! Outstanding infact. Bresnan just made his 50, awesome.

200/6 off 39.

Wright and Bresnan have given England a chance here. If they can bat till the 45th over then England may get around 260, which is defendable. It will be tough but possible. Its been a great partnership! Outstanding infact. Bresnan just made his 50, awesome.

200/6 off 39.

It's almost getting interesting. Fair play to these two, they've taken England from having no hope whatsoever to having a wee chance but not really but you never know but...

Decent comeback from England after yet another top order failure. However the Ponting and Watson have simply pissed all over England's completely insipid attack.

Brilliant display of power-hitting by Watson and the usual clever front foot batting from Ponting, and records falling all over the shop. Terrific stuff.