The Cricket Thread

bewlay

I fancy England's batting order to perform in this test, Eng to win by more than an innings.

Ooft, bold prediction there dhd. Only Root's 2nd Test opening, Bairstow seems to be struggling and a longish tail compared to the Aussies.

Would agree with you would still fancy the other 5 to outperform the Oz top 7 but I'm not confident of such a comfortable win.

Would love to see a KP special tomorrow, one of the best sights when he's batting at Lords in an Ashes Test. can still remember my utter incredulity at him and McGrath in 2005, probably the best 50 I have ever seen in a Test.

Edited by AberdeenBud

Looks like Kawahja in for Cowan  and Harris for Starc. Cowan was very poor, so Im not surprised. I fancy Aussies to run them close again, England still favourites.

Kawahja is a decent player, slow starter and doesnt play many silly shots, very Nasser Hussain. Probably ideal if the Aussies are losing wickets fast.

Harris in for Starc is a strange one as Cook in particular wasn't batting well against him.

I fancy England's batting order to perform in this test, Eng to win by more than an innings.

I doubt they will make an arse of their first innings again. They managed nearly four hundred in the second innings in spite of losing Root and Trott when they were both not out.

Its the bowlers that will win them the match anyway. <_<

Not surprised to see Cowan dropped by the Aussies but I'm faily surprised that they have dropped Starc as I thought he was alright. It might be a call they have made after looking at the wicket though.