The Cricket Thread

bewlay

"The Queen is given three cheers and then applauded from the field. A moment to remember for players of both sides, who then head to the dressing room to finalise preparations for the 1115 BST start."

Yeah the Aussies famously LOVE the Queen, for FUCKS SAKE. Rattled.

"The Queen is given three cheers and then applauded from the field. A moment to remember for players of both sides, who then head to the dressing room to finalise preparations for the 1115 BST start."

Yeah the Aussies famously LOVE the Queen, for FUCKS SAKE. Rattled.

This is the Cricket thread, but they do actually, Republicanism is dead in Oz until Charles is on the Throne.

Anyway back OT, I don't think that Innings victory for England is going too be materialising now, their batting line up is almost as flawed at the Aussies. To paraphrase someone I can't remember, 'You can't win a Test on the 1st day, but you can sure as hell lose it.'

Absolutely key partnership here for England - I don't see Bairstow or Prior hanging around for long.

All the pomp and circumstance surrounding Lord's (and particularly with the Queen visiting) really does boil my piss though.

Yip, quite a difference between sliding in at 6 and opening, wonder if the management team are regretting dropping Compton now?

Agree! New ball for Root is quite different. I dont think they will drop Root, but bringing Compton in is a good option, BUT who for?

Boys have steadies the ship nicely... Bookies were betting O/U 325.5 at lunch, but that will have been revised up now after this stand.

As long as we get 350 plus, I'll be happy enough...

I fancy England's batting order to perform in this test, Eng to win by more than an innings.

This might go down as one of the worst predictions in PNB history :lol:

Englands top order cracking up, horrible shot by Trott. 127-4, Australia looking fantastic.