The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Fairly even stuff so far. This is potentially the first time England arent completely doomed looking by the start of the third day. They still have a lot to do and that wicket is beginning to get the big cracks which should make things hilarious when England bat the second time around.

The openers were alright, got a few breaks for once, Root got a bit of an iffy one by the look of it which was unfortunate and KP made an arse of it and got out to his rinse and repeat routine with Siddle.

The one main worry now is that England got a bit bogged down when they lost a couple of wickets. The momentum went right out their innings which led to Pietersens frustrated howk I,m sure. They have to get into the right mindset tomorrow, play their shots and get the bad balls away as often as possible.

Should be quite an interesting morning session to see what happens. If these two can make a partnership or one of them can make a big score then there is the prospect of Australia having to bat under pressure for the first time in the series.

I was impressed with how the Aussie bowlers took the momemntum right away from England by denying them runs. That was good bowling, they built a bit of pressure doing that. They certainly werent blowing anyone away with raw pace this time, but they bowled tightly enough and kept the discipline that England had lacked in the first day.

I thought Watson was excellent too, he looks like a fat mess coming in to bowl, but he is quite quick and he bowls a good line consistently well. Great bloke to have around a side.

I love the fact that there's an advert running where Botham makes an arse of himself by claiming - 'I think the England bowlers will be the difference though'.

To be fair he was predicting 5-0 before the series started and that looks like it will happen.

I thought Watson was excellent too, he looks like a fat mess coming in to bowl, but he is quite quick and he bowls a good line consistently well. Great bloke to have around a side.

He is brilliant for sticking on one end and keeping the scoring rate down. Economy rate of 2.74 in Test matches, can't be many better than that.

Australia lose their first wicket at 157 as Rogers goes, Warner hits another ton and the lead is now over 300. Only question now is how long Australia want to give themselves to bowl England out.

To add to England's woes it's not looking good for Broad who has gone for an X-ray on his injured foot and will take no further part today.

Edited by peasy23

Australia lose their first wicket at 157 as Rogers goes, Warner hits another ton and the lead is now over 300. Only question now is how long Australia want to give themselves to bowl England out.

To add to England's woes it's not looking good for Broad who has gone for an X-ray on his injured foot and will take no further part today.

They could declare now and they'd bowl them out no bother.

Suspect they'll go til lunchtime tomorrow. Get the lead up to 450+ and give themselves a day and a half to win the match.

I missed the entire days play due to "christmas celebrations" but thats the ashes off to live down under for a spell. Looks like another gutless batting collapse.

I'll have a swatch at the highlights later and see what happened.. :P

It's been an absolute shambles with the exception of day one of the series.

The batsman have been collectively diabolical and it has been coming for a while. The bowlers have been exceptional for years and have covered for the indifferent batting until this series. With Jimmy off song and Swann looking like he hasn't recovered his rhythm post operation this could well end up a five nil humiliation.

Some of these guys need to have a long hard look at themselves.

A year or so ago, such a result would have been unthinkable, but a 5-0 drubbing looks entirely likely.

England have been fucking atrocious in all departments of the game. Pietersen has been completely owned by Siddle, and the rest of the batting line up look utterly useless. Warner has made a big, big difference at the top of the order. All Australia's best teams throughout the years have had some sort of fat, rough as f**k type of character that scores runs and is a total c**t to get out.

It's also good to see the Aussie bowlers share the workload of pissing over the English batsmen. Siddle is superbly controlled, Harris and Lyons are decent. As for England, Anderson seems unable to extract anything in these conditions, Swann's been ineffective and Broad's foot now seems to be fucked after a toe-crusher from Johnson.

Basically England are fucked.