The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Bopara? Dearie me, admittedly a very jammy wicket for the Aussies but an absolute brain fart by Bopara to lift his foot at all when the keeper was up.

The ball rebounded off the keeper's gloves, Bopara was off balance for just a second or two when his foot was raised. It was a jammy dismissal and majorly harsh on Bopara.

Some people need to get a little perspective, it was bad luck and not a "brain fart"

Cricket show on Radio 5 Live tonight at 9pm has interviews with Graeme Swann and Jimmy Anderson. Swann says he quit because of his own "awful" bowling and that when a rabbit who bats at number 11 is hitting you for 6s you know it's time to go.

Cricket show on Radio 5 Live tonight at 9pm has interviews with Graeme Swann and Jimmy Anderson. Swann says he quit because of his own "awful" bowling and that when a rabbit who bats at number 11 is hitting you for 6s you know it's time to go.

Said in another interview he wasn't getting the revs on the ball after the operation. No revs, no dip, no spin, no point continuing. He knew he was done.

Listening to the show just now, not the usual "banter" thus far..

Said in another interview he wasn't getting the revs on the ball after the operation. No revs, no dip, no spin, no point continuing. He knew he was done.

Listening to the show just now, not the usual "banter" thus far..

Just caught 10-15 minutes while I was driving to work, will try and catch the rest during the night it tomorrow. Sounds like they were both being very frank and honest about the tour.

Just caught 10-15 minutes while I was driving to work, will try and catch the rest during the night it tomorrow. Sounds like they were both being very frank and honest about the tour.

Yes it was worth a listen, Swann in particular was just laying it on the table. He more or less confirmed what Id read el;sewhere in the interview I mentioned. Just said he wasn't able to spin the ball like he used to and therefore his variations in flight and the dip he used to get that deceived good batsmen was no longer there. He basically just said he couldn't get decent batsmen out any more and I take it that he meant also at county level never mind test level. A shame it ended so abruptly for him, but injury can do that to even the best unfortunately.

Plus I dont think he liked being tanked around by tailenders, that probably hastened things.

You could see on that ball revolution thing they produced during tests that Lyon was getting more rotation than Swann and Lyon is a mediocre test bowler at best.

I thought it was a decent hour and a half show last night, they just dealt with a few things, scotched a few rumours and were quite frank about things.

They mentioned Mitchel J as well and how surprised they were that he was boweling with accuracy as well as pace but that they should have been able to deal with it as he wasnt getting swing or movement. Fair comment. And talked about the sledging etc. It was decent if you can catch it.

Guest The Phoenix

"ENGLAND HAVE WON THE women's ASHES!!!!" is the report all over the BBC breakfast news this morning. Even though they actually only retained them. Talk about clutching at straws!

And not a ball between them (allegedly).

Meanwhile the Mens team is continuing to get absolutely battered. Australia currently 3/200 after 19 overs in tonight's Twenty/20 game in Hobart.

I wouldn't say it's a battering, I think Australia are about par on this ground.

ETA: Aus finish with 213-4

Edited by die hard doonhamer