The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Ballance has 1,000 test runs. Impressive total for a relatively short England career.

This stat popped up on my Twitter feed....

Fewest innings to reach 1000 Test runs for England:

12 H Sutcliffe

16 L Hutton

17 GS Ballance

18 WR Hammond

Y but it papers over cracks. The attack is not good enough all round to avoid added pressure to the batting unit or take 20 wkts in the summer.

The attack is far too predictable, 4 right arm fast medium bowlers and two part time spinners. If they hadn't ruined Finn then he might have given them something a little different.

Y but it papers over cracks. The attack is not good enough all round to avoid added pressure to the batting unit or take 20 wkts in the summer.

They took 20 wickets on a lifeless pitch, I don't think they will struggle too much to take wickets in England tbh.

They took 20 wickets on a lifeless pitch, I don't think they will struggle too much to take wickets in England tbh.

Is that not the first time in a while that jimmy has been on it? The last few years have seen him go pretty cold.

They'll need to get the pitches right.

The interviews seemed heavily loaded. Almost trying to make a statement that KP is not required and that the team is close knit.

Must be getting old and cynical I think.

BTW. Aus batting wont crumble from 200-2 to 300 AO very often. And their attack is far more potent than an injury hampered windies who are average at best and poor when key bowlers are missing.

This wi team to be fair misses the best wi players but for that reason even more so if eng think they are any good they should be brushed aside.

Against a batting line up that is a shadow of what they'll face in the summer. I think they'll lose both series.

I don't think they will lose both. Charity bet?

Awfully good odds for you jmo, but f**k it why not. As long as the charity isn't Scottish Labour.:P

Basically come down to the Kiwi series as England are all but guaranteed a drubbing in the Ashes.

Awfully good odds for you jmo, but f**k it why not. As long as the charity isn't Scottish Labour.:P

Basically come down to the Kiwi series as England are all but guaranteed a drubbing in the Ashes.

Yeah thinking about it it's probably a little unfair. What about if Australia and New Zealand win I donate £20, if England win either series you donate £20, and if England fail to win, but draw one or both of the series we each donate £10 to the other's charity (E.g Australia win and New Zealand draw)? No political parties, political pressure groups or animal charities.

Makes it a bit less unfair and avoids political donations.

Yeah thinking about it it's probably a little unfair. What about if Australia and New Zealand win I donate £20, if England win either series you donate £20, and if England fail to win, but draw one or both of the series we each donate £10 to the other's charity (E.g Australia win and New Zealand draw)? No political parties, political pressure groups or animal charities.

Makes it a bit less unfair and avoids political donations.

Go for it mate. Chest, Heart and Stroke, Scotland will be my designated charity.