The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Steve Smith for captaincy then?

Genuinely can't see any other candidates tbh. It's quite similar to when Clarke took over when there were a few senior players all finishing up and he was the only realistic choice. Even then some of the Aussie media were pushing for Cameron White to get the job, even though he wasn't in the team at the time.

Big changes ahead for Australia then. Not sure who'll come into their squad.

As for England, great series win but still a few things to think about. Will Lyth get yet another chance at The Oval or will another opener be given a shot? Will Adil Rashid finally get an opportunity in what could be spin-friendly conditions?

Big changes ahead for Australia then. Not sure who'll come into their squad.

As for England, great series win but still a few things to think about. Will Lyth get yet another chance at The Oval or will another opener be given a shot? Will Adil Rashid finally get an opportunity in what could be spin-friendly conditions?

Lyth has a lot of backers out there - and he'll definitely get another shot.

I notice Anderson is back in the squad for the final test. Surely it would be better to properly rest him?

I notice Anderson is back in the squad for the final test. Surely it would be better to properly rest him?

You would think so, with 3 tests against Pakistan and 4 in South Africa to come in the winter they would be better to give him time off. Different if it was a decider but no point in risking him aggravating anything with the Ashes already won.

As for the spinner, it's the one thing that England lack at the moment is a top class one. It could be a good idea to give Rashid a try out before they head to the UAE. That would possibly mean dropping Moeen though, and I'd be surprised if that happened.

I have to laugh at that. I don't really rate either Smith or Warner as long term test batsmen. They have nobody else to pick though so unless they start skittling teams I don't see how aus are going to get anywhere anytime soon. Shame. Not.

David Warner appointed Australian Vice-Captain. Won't stop him being an annoying c**t though. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-14/warner-named-australian-test-vice-captain/6699268?section=sport

'David Warner's strides on and off the field have been recognised with the vice-captaincy of the national cricket side.'

Every time I've seen him he has been striding on and off from the middle.

'David Warner's strides on and off the field have been recognised with the vice-captaincy of the national cricket side.'

Every time I've seen him he has been striding on and off from the middle.

Is he only racist on weekdays now or something?

Some win for Sri Lanka vs India, they were 190-odd behind after the first innings then 95/5 in the second. Chandimal got a big hundred and left India 175 to chase, they were 23/1 overnight but herath ran through them as they were all out for 111.

Headingley 81-esque.

Noticed Kyle Coetzer managed 86 against Australia in their tour match.

Some dismal stuff again from.the Aussies, they were 180-8 with only Mitchell Marsh managing a score. Pat Cummins top scored with 82 as he and Nathan Lyon put on 100 for the 9th wicket. Smith scored 0 with the match drawn.