The Cricket Thread

bewlay

This is good stuff atm, keep the scoreboard ticking and enough wickets in hand for the last 10/15 and we could put a very good score on the board, especially considering they need to chase it down in 45/46 overs.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As he just hits for 6.

🤣

I meant more keeping the scireboard ticking over - we didn't do that the previous 2 overs.

12 runs off that over will do.

Aye, by playing a proper cricket shot. 

No need to panic yet. I think anything 250+ favours Scotland, so if they can double the score at 30 overs and be 130'ish or thereabouts then they are going along fine. 

They need to remember that for the Netherlands they are basically going to be playing a 45 over innings, so Sole can bowl a quarter of their deliveries. 

1 minute ago, jimbaxters said:

What's a "safe" total do we think?

No such thing really, but I think 250 is par, and the more it goes beyond 260 the more Scotland favoured. 

If they can get 270'ish I think they would be strong favourites because the Dutch would really have to think about hitting out at some point, and if Sole is amped up for the first 5 again they could already be in a hole.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

No such thing really, but I think 250 is par, and the more it goes beyond 260 the more Scotland favoured. 

If they can get 270'ish I think they would be strong favourites because the Dutch would really have to think about hitting out at some point, and if Sole is amped up for the first 5 again they could already be in a hole.

They keep going here then close to 300 is doable.