The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Michael Vaughan has made the point quite a few times on TMS - that the senior bowlers need taken down a peg. Not easy to do because they're both exceptional bowlers but for what its worth I think they have too much power in the England team. Cook is certainly not the captain to rock the boat in that sense.

The fact that the other two seamers have been bang average this test only gives them more power.

I'd argue it makes them right.

I'd argue it makes them right.

You mean not to enforce the follow-on? You're probably right. I'm too impatient for this game (cricket in general I mean) and in this instance I'm thinking more about the 30 or so quid I've got riding on an English victory.

Edited by pandarilla

You mean not to enforce the follow-on? You're probably right. I'm too impatient for this game (cricket in general I mean) and in this instance I'm thinking more about the 30 or so quid I've got riding on an English victory.

I think you'll be okay...

... Apropos of nothing; the crowd is utterly embarrassing. This has a tremendous test in the making, and nobody's there. Hampshire and Yorkshire have done terrible jobs in selling these tests.

I think you'll be okay...

... Apropos of nothing; the crowd is utterly embarrassing. This has a tremendous test in the making, and nobody's there. Hampshire and Yorkshire have done terrible jobs in selling these tests.

Less than half? I'm listening to it as the missus pulled my Sky Sports package last month (second baby due in 6 weeks bloody belt-tightening nonsense).

Is it priced too high or is it just because its a weekday?

Way less than half, I would say. A third maybe?

I don't think these prices are out of line with previous tests. It may just be a weekday, but even still, you could charge schools a pound per kid and at least fill the seats.

Way less than half, I would say. A third maybe?

I don't think these prices are out of line with previous tests. It may just be a weekday, but even still, you could charge schools a pound per kid and at least fill the seats.

Agreed.

They're dropping the prices for tomorrow I suppose.

I should be down in Taunton today and had tickets to go to a one day match (Somerset V someone) tomorrow but have had to cancel for health reasons. Properly gutted. It would've been my first cricket match and I was really looking forward to it.

I was going to say another 100. Something around 450. It's hard to judge though. It has to be attainable.

Many folk obviously wanted Buttler to come in instead of Root. Wee Joe is playing in a manner which suggests he knows this is the case. Get it up ye folk - look what I can do...

Many folk obviously wanted Buttler to come in instead of Root. Wee Joe is playing in a manner which suggests he knows this is the case. Get it up ye folk - look what I can do...

I suspect that is the case. A future captain, I reckon.

I think that's just about spot on. A long final session and all day tomorrow. Only one winner. Oh for a spinner though. I think Kerrigan would have been a better pick than Jordan, in retrospect. Still, an entertaining finish beckons.

I think that's just about spot on. A long final session and all day tomorrow. Only one winner. Oh for a spinner though. I think Kerrigan would have been a better pick than Jordan, in retrospect. Still, an entertaining finish beckons.

What's that about a spinner? :lol: I think Ali looks that part.