The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Bairstow just missed a difficult chance to get Sabbir. Biggest thing in Bangladesh favour is time, but with this pitch anything could happen. Cook seems to be struggling to set a field to balance between saving runs and putting pressure on the batsman.

Stuart broad is an arsehole. I love the seethe he generates when a decision doesn't go his way.

Definitely. Seems to convince himself that he has seen something that wasn't there, I don't think that ball hit anything.

Breakthrough by Batty, could be a huge wicket.

35 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

It was said before they left England are going for a squad rotation policy over the 7 tests in a short space of time amongst the bowlers.

Looks like it could be Ansari, Finn, and Ball, for Ballance, Broad, and Woakes for this one.

A batsman less (even Ballance)?

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

Ansari is an all rounder. He'll bat further down that Ballance, but it isn't a batsman less.

Woakes is an all-rounder as well. So I think it's reasonable to look on Ansari as a swap for him. That leaves you with Finn and Ball in for Broad and Ballance. That surely weakens the batting.

I'm guessing Ansari will be come in, with perhaps some further rotation among the bowlers. They just might leave the batting alone, though ideally you'd like Hameed to get a game.

Woakes is an all-rounder as well. So I think it's reasonable to look on Ansari as a swap for him. That leaves you with Finn and Ball in for Broad and Ballance. That surely weakens the batting.

I'm guessing Ansari will be come in, with perhaps some further rotation among the bowlers. They just might leave the batting alone, though ideally you'd like Hameed to get a game.

Not sure removing Ballance weakens the batting line up tbh