The Cricket Thread

bewlay

About time. It was ludicrous that they were allowed to pick and choose which rule they play by.

The power in Cricket currently sits with India, something the stuffed shirts in England (especially county level) can't take to.

Personally, I think it takes away some of the power from the onfield umpires and I've seen some stupid and arrogant referrals that slow the game down. It does work though, but probably to the detriment of the flow of the game.

The power in Cricket currently sits with India, something the stuffed shirts in England (especially county level) can't take to.

Personally, I think it takes away some of the power from the onfield umpires and I've seen some stupid and arrogant referrals that slow the game down. It does work though, but probably to the detriment of the flow of the game.

And the Indian cricket board is utterly rife with corruption. Isn't about stuffed shirts it's about trying to keep the sport honest. The ipl is a prime example of vested interest and conflict of interest being ignored due to the commercial value of the event. The drs is constantly evolving and the England Bangladesh 1st test is a prime example of its worth. What is it now 9 or 10 decisions overturned? If anything it stops umpires being abused for having to make tricky decisions.

And the Indian cricket board is utterly rife with corruption. Isn't about stuffed shirts it's about trying to keep the sport honest. The ipl is a prime example of vested interest and conflict of interest being ignored due to the commercial value of the event. The drs is constantly evolving and the England Bangladesh 1st test is a prime example of its worth. What is it now 9 or 10 decisions overturned? If anything it stops umpires being abused for having to make tricky decisions.

The umpires never got abused for making tricky decisions. It was accepted because their decision was final.

The Indians have transformed the white ball game, I wouldn't comment on how "corrupt" they are as I don't have any proof so I assume you have?

They're only guilty of being as arrogant as their English equivalents were for years.

The umpires never got abused for making tricky decisions. It was accepted because their decision was final.

The Indians have transformed the white ball game, I wouldn't comment on how "corrupt" they are as I don't have any proof so I assume you have?

They're only guilty of being as arrogant as their English equivalents were for years.

Pish....look at members of bcci....then look at the ownership of the ipl franchises.....it would make fifa blush. They have certainly transformed the white ball game lol.....no wonder the Pakistan board feel hard done to when their guys go to jail for no balls.....

6 hours ago, dogmc said:

Pish....look at members of bcci....then look at the ownership of the ipl franchises.....it would make fifa blush. They have certainly transformed the white ball game lol.....no wonder the Pakistan board feel hard done to when their guys go to jail for no balls.....

Alright, calm down. If you're looking to get upset about something so trivial then I'd suggest you post back on the tartan army boards. 

The IPL has definitely transformed the white ball game, only an idiot would say otherwise, whether it's good or bad I don't know.

The CSK and Rajastan Royals were banned for team officials betting iregularities a few years ago. I can't think of anything recent off the top of my head which is why I said I wouldn't comment without proof.

Moeen Ali goes, now 62-5. He won yet another review earlier on, this time surviving because short leg juggled a catch which hit his visor before he had it under control. Whatever England end up with it will be tough to chase down, there's all sorts of turn and bounce in the pitch.

38 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Moeen Ali goes, now 62-5. He won yet another review earlier on, this time surviving because short leg juggled a catch which hit his visor before he had it under control. Whatever England end up with it will be tough to chase down, there's all sorts of turn and bounce in the pitch.

It's quite fun seeing a game in which spin dominates to this extent.  Whether it's a fair battle between bat and ball, I don't know, but it's good to watch.

It's quite fun seeing a game in which spin dominates to this extent.  Whether it's a fair battle between bat and ball, I don't know, but it's good to watch.

Yep, it's intriguing stuff. Had it on since very early this morning after a night of insomnia. Great innings by Stokes, just dispatched one into the stands to bring up his 50.

The pace of this game is weird.

I'm not a massive cricket buff but I do like watching test match cricket in particular.

I'm finding this pretty dull tbh. And I can clearly see that the game completely changes in short bursts once new men are at the crease - but I've not enjoyed watching this partnership (I started watching after all the wickets were taken this morning).

I know it's impressive batting - but hard going for a fair weather fan like me.

It must have had something happening pretty consistently for a team to be 8 down in their second inning on the the third day though.
Add in the records for overturned decisions tumbling and there's plenty happened.

Some boy, that Stokes. One of those 'impact' all-rounders who can single handedly take a game away from a team with bat and ball, similar ilk to Flintoff and Cairns at their best.

No way are Bangladesh chasing this down.

Obviously the main excitement was earlier in the day as wickets tumbled. But Test cricket isn't all about crash-bang-wallop of course. England now 265 ahead with 2 wickets left. Looks a big ask for Bangladesh but you never know I suppose.

I know, I know. Maybe I just didn't concentrate on it enough.

I'm no lover of the 20/20 style. But the batting just looked sticky and stodgy. I know that was absolutely what was required but I couldn't really get into it.

What was the score at close?

Maybe it's spin I don't like.