The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Stokes and Bairstow scoring fairly quickly, game could go away from the Windies here.

A lead of 50 would be enough to win this, I think.*

*I will ignore everything I predicted about the last test when saying that.

I hope that if they are planning to get Blowers to ring the bell as It's his last match on TMS, that they are going to get him to do it tomorrow, this might not reach day 4.

He rang it in the last test match at Lords.
Is it something you can do again?

He rang it in the last test match at Lords.
Is it something you can do again?

Forgot about that, think he had just announced his retirement then.

That was some stat they just gave about Westley and Kyle Hope, the two number threes in this series are averaging just 6.1 between them.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Windies lead by 22 with 3 wickets down. Anderson got 2 warnings from umpire Erasmus for running on the pitch, which he was raging about, but it's hard to argue when you see the replays.

Think he was lucky to just get the warnings. Erasmus clearly trying to have a laugh and Anderson just wasnae having it. Brilliant session that.

Think he was lucky to just get the warnings. Erasmus clearly trying to have a laugh and Anderson just wasnae having it. Brilliant session that.

He was certainly doing his best to talk himself into a third and final warning. Thought Root should have been more involved in trying to defuse the situation.

Just now, peasy23 said:

He was certainly doing his best to talk himself into a third and final warning. Thought Root should have been more involved in trying to defuse the situation.

Aye agree about Root. Anderson is a brilliant bowler to watch just wish he'd cheer up a bit!

Guest Moomintroll

Windies effectively 22-3 in a single innings match, if the day starts off overcast tomorrow then don't hold out much hope for them. Saying that, if England turn up with this batting line up for the ashes they are going to get hammered. Lancy fan so biased but haseeb and liam need to be on the plane.

Windies effectively 22-3 in a single innings match, if the day starts off overcast tomorrow then don't hold out much hope for them. Saying that, if England turn up with this batting line up for the ashes they are going to get hammered. Lancy fan so biased but haseeb and liam need to be on the plane.

I can't help but feel this summer hasn't answered any questions when it comes to England's batting line up for the Ashes.

What's happened with Ballance? He was recalled for the first test against South Africa, injured so couldn't play, but he's back playing again and in decent form for Yorkshire so I'm slightly surprised he was overlooked for this series.

Ballance is too easily worked out, cant move his feet and isn't a test match player.

Occasionally you will get a player like Banger who can't move his feet and make the grade but they are few and fsr between.

The winter is going to be tough, can see Hailes at 5 and who knows pop in a couple of younger boys and see if they have the baws to make it.

If Stokes gets injured they are fucked.

Edited by Tynieness

Guest Moomintroll

I can't help but feel this summer hasn't answered any questions when it comes to England's batting line up for the Ashes.

What's happened with Ballance? He was recalled for the first test against South Africa, injured so couldn't play, but he's back playing again and in decent form for Yorkshire so I'm slightly surprised he was overlooked for this series.

There are a few batsman who have become better players simply by not being in the team this summer. Ballance has had a good season but as pointed out has an issue with his feet that Aussie quicks would target, given that 2 and 3 right now are effectively empty shirts there is a tough decision to make. As I said I am biased but both have time on their side so would like to see Hameed and Livingstone get an extended run in the team.

Guest Moomintroll
I find it a wee bit strange that Hameed seems to be so far out the picture given that it was injury and not form that put him out of the side in the first place.

There was quite a few rumours going round suggesting that his dad was sticking his nose in far too much on the development and coaching side of things, England Coaching staff were said to be deeply unimpressed and it seemed to scramble his brain for quite a while at the start of the season.

There was quite a few rumours going round suggesting that his dad was sticking his nose in far too much on the development and coaching side of things, England Coaching staff were said to be deeply unimpressed and it seemed to scramble his brain for quite a while at the start of the season.

Thought there had to be something in the background, you would have thought that with the way he played on the sub continent he was worth a shot at home.

Broad the latest to drop a fairly straightforward catch as he puts down Blackwood at mid off. The withering look that Anderson gives anyone who drops a catch off his bowling is priceless.