The Cricket Thread

bewlay

No chance of spending time behind bars assuming first and isolated offence.

Asked to surrender passport until case concluded and missing ashes due to protracted proceeding much more likely.

Either way, even if he goes ball is burst for the winter. It always bemuses me how external issues ruin sporting performance.

No chance of spending time behind bars assuming first and isolated offence.

Asked to surrender passport until case concluded and missing ashes due to protracted proceeding much more likely.

Either way, even if he goes ball is burst for the winter. It always bemuses me how external issues ruin sporting performance.

He's not a first offender and has a bit of history.

He has one caution from 6 years ago, no convictions though.

Four speeding convictions and a few drink related issues down the years .
I know they are not all the same but the ECB might have a problem if he looks like he can't learn a lesson.

England were up against it anyway, but if he misses the tour (I think he will, and rightly so) then England's little bit of spark is gone and I can't see them having any chance down there.

I've seen the video, and regardless of what provocation there was, he had plenty opportunity to realise what was going on and walk away.

He's a walking PR nightmare. Even if he does go, the aussies will have a field day with the sledging and he's got history for outbursts on the field. I think he's only 1 reprimand away from a ban too.

Has there ever been an all-rounder who wasn't a bit of a liability/drinker/hot-head? Richard Hadlee maybe? Is it something about being the centre of attention that means they're susceptible to this type of thing? I'm thinking Flintoff, Botham, Imran Khan...

Gary sobers?? Would we call moeen ali an all rounder?

Stokes and Hales both suspended from England cricket duty whilst they investigate. From an England point of view they need Stokes for the Ashes so I sort of wonder how they plan on playing this. Make it look like they are taking it very seriously but have him on the plane and have talk about giving him a second chance etc? You can't imagine that (assuming he is legally allowed) he won't be playing if fit really.

Piece of nonsense really.  In the good old days, the likes of Botham, James Hunt, Barry Sheen and also guys like Frank Worthington and Stan Bowles would not have thought twice about bitch slapping anybody who stepped out of line. It's all political correctness gone mad with the overwhelming majority bowing and curtsying to a tiny minority who are offended by everything.