The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Think you’re reading way too much into that-It’s pretty obviously in reference to the last Ashes series down under where Trott, Swann, KP and Prior were basically delivered to the retirement home by Mitchell Johnson. Prior biting big time as well.

That's what I took from it too, not that he was wanting someone injured.

England team: 

Joe Root (capt),

Alastair Cook,

Mark Stoneman,

James Vince,

Dawid Malan,

Jonny Bairstow (wk),

Moeen Ali,

Chris Woakes,

Stuart Broad,

Jake Ball,

James Anderson.

Hostilities commence at midnight tonight. England will confirm their batting order in the morning.

How worried are the Aussies? Going on about how 'scary' it is facing Starc, how they are more frightening than Mitchell Johnson was, how they want to break the England team etc. This is starting to come across as them trying to say things loudly enough to convince themselves.

I'm quite looking forward to BT's coverage, just to see what they throw at it. They're obviously miles better on the SPFL than Sky and I prefer their CL coverage. Don't really watch anything else on it though.  Will only really miss Bumble, Nasser, and Atherton from Sky's coverage.

Is that sort of moustache popular in Australia at the moment? They are going to freak out when they discover The Village People.

Usual efforts for Movember. Expect to see some equally dodgy mousers from their rugby team at Murrayfield this weekend.