The Cricket Thread

bewlay

31 minutes ago, Saigon Raider said:

I didn't think there was that much in it for the bowlers - had to bend their back but not that much pace or movement.

A bit of spin, a bit of reverse.  Not much, granted, but definitely not a flat track.  Loads is probably stretching a point.  A reasonable test wicket, put it that way.

A bit of spin, a bit of reverse.  Not much, granted, but definitely not a flat track.  Loads is probably stretching a point.  A reasonable test wicket, put it that way.

A decent wicket but I think the Aussies will be a bit disappointed in the lack of pace. Definitely did a bit for Lyon though, turn and bounce.

The long morning session is vital for England tomorrow against the new ball - need to get past 350 imo.

Seemed a very fair wicket - wee bit of turn and bounce albeit not as much as there usually is, but one where you could compile a score. Both sides fairly evenly matched and as is so often the case the next session is vital. If Smith and or Marsh are still there then England might be behind after the first innings. A quick wicket or two and who knows. Also thought the BT coverage was better this morning with less ad breaks - maybe it was because they were into extra time yesterday that they were squeezing so many in. Some of the commentators need to remember they aren't on radio and let the pictures do the talking but otherwise I enjoyed my wee hour and a bit this morning.

On the BT Sport thing it seems like they do the adverts in flurries. Between 4 and 5 this morning there was an advert after almost every over, but then after tea there weren't nearly as many. I wonder if they are putting more adverts when there are fewer viewers perhaps.

On the BT Sport thing it seems like they do the adverts in flurries. Between 4 and 5 this morning there was an advert after almost every over, but then after tea there weren't nearly as many. I wonder if they are putting more adverts when there are fewer viewers perhaps.

I didn't think there was that much in it for the bowlers - had to bend their back but not that much pace or movement.

Most people would be at work in the final session. Audience would be bigger up to tea.

They seem to chuck in a single ad whenever they can, 99% of them for a bookies.