The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Something I'm liking from the BT commentary is they seem to be talking more than Sky's coverage. I think Sky's cricket commentary is very good, but they often have a 'less is more' approach. Perhaps it's because they've taken a few who are more used to commentating on the radio but there's almost a radio feel to the commentary.

Cricinfo tweeted you can watch on their website if you're in Indian subcontinent, so for those w/o BT who want to watch, don't know if it's easier to get a VPN or watch a dodgy stream. Or move to India (suspect that might be hardest).

Bed for me now. Pitch looks decent, so expect England to either be 280-3 or 132 all out by the time I wake up.

Edited by Fuctifano

21 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Something I'm liking from the BT commentary is they seem to be talking more than Sky's coverage. I think Sky's cricket commentary is very good, but they often have a 'less is more' approach. Perhaps it's because they've taken a few who are more used to commentating on the radio but there's almost a radio feel to the commentary.

It's good to hear Ricky Pointing this time Instead of sky's Warne.

158-3 as they take drinks. Vince brilliantly run out by Nathan Lyon with a superb pick up and throw on the rum for a direct hit, bad decision to go for the run but tbf 9 times out of 10 he would have got away with it.

17 overs left in the day, which they should manage if they keep Lyon bowling.

196-4 at the close, game is finely poised. Root out lbw for 15. Play will start at 11.30 tonight.

Impressed with BT's coverage. Matt Smith has always been a decent host and they've put together a decent commentary team with:

Alison Mitchell

Geoffrey Boycott

Michael Vaughan

Graeme Swann

Ricky Ponting

Adam Gilchrist

Damien Fleming.

Absorbing day on a slower than expected pitch - England will have tougher days batting but it showed them that this Australian attack, for all their talk, in not unbeatable. Vince was superb today and was only out with a superb bit of fielding by Lyon. If you had said that Lyon would have bowled 24 overs on the first day then England would not be unhappy. The scoring was a little slower than ideal but it was what was needed in the situation.

Malan and Ali played well for the last hour and the pitch should quicken up tomorrow so they will need to bat well against the new ball first up.

Great days cricket and it make me a little more hopeful that the series will still be in the balance at Melbourne as I have a ticket for day 3.

Well poised but I think England will be quietly happy with that. After losing Cook so early I feared the worst but Stoneman and Vince were batting so well before I went to bed I was fairly satisfied, and not too surprised to see only one more wicket was down when I woke up. Disappointing to lose a couple more before close of play but 196-4 is an OK score in a place England are notoriously poor at, after losing Cook so early.

Well poised but I think England will be quietly happy with that. After losing Cook so early I feared the worst but Stoneman and Vince were batting so well before I went to bed I was fairly satisfied, and not too surprised to see only one more wicket was down when I woke up. Disappointing to lose a couple more before close of play but 196-4 is an OK score in a place England are notoriously poor at, after losing Cook so early.

I think Australia have the slight upper hand here. Come out the blocks tomorrow and take a couple of wickets and with the reverse swing on that wicket then they could collapse.

I think Australia have the slight upper hand here. Come out the blocks tomorrow and take a couple of wickets and with the reverse swing on that wicket then they could collapse.

With all the hype around the Aussie bowling attack, I thought they bowled well enough, but it wasn't the fear inducing attack the Aussies made it sound like it was going to be. I think the England batsmen will have taken confidence out of today.

196-4 at the close, game is finely poised. Root out lbw for 15. Play will start at 11.30 tonight.

Impressed with BT's coverage. Matt Smith has always been a decent host and they've put together a decent commentary team with:

Alison Mitchell
Geoffrey Boycott
Michael Vaughan
Graeme Swann
Ricky Ponting
Adam Gilchrist
Damien Fleming.

Agree on the game, and agree that the actual commentators are decent enough (sharing with TMS helps obviously) but I found the actual coverage a tough watch this morning. Now it might have been different overnight as I only watched for about an hour or so from 6.45 til just before 8 but it seemed that there was an advert after every single over rather than every second or third that I'm used to on Sky or ITV4. It didn't help that almost every advert was for Kwiff or Bet365.

54 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I reckon that’s about even. Loads in the pitch for the bowlers. Could go either way tomorrow. I might have done England an injustice by predicting Australia to win four tests.

I didn't think there was that much in it for the bowlers - had to bend their back but not that much pace or movement.