The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Neither look like they are going to get out. If England aren’t batting by the end of today it may be difficult to get a result here.

I guess the new ball is soon.
Yep, 80 overs. They would be as well getting Root and Leach to rattle through these next 10 and get the new ball, they don't look like doing anything with this one.

Absolutely stunning stuff from BJ Watling tbh. What an underrated player. England going from a great position to a really poor one.

Labuschagne falling just short of his double ton at the Gabba too, Warner making 154 and Steve Smith only making 4.
It was a brilliant innings and well supported by de Grandhomme and Santner, but England's bowling away from home isn't great. Archer comes into the set up bowling 95 mph and threatening the stumps, and within 6 months he is bowling under 90 mph and being asked to bowl short stuff even when none of the batsmen are showing any interest in hooking or pulling the ball. Baffling to me.

If this goes to form, England will get whittled out for 126 on day 4 and New Zealand will rattle off the runs without alarm. But I don’t see that happening. Hard to see this being anything other than a draw.
There doesn't look like there is enough in the pitch to cause either side major problems, but England have been there before and inexplicably found new ways of collapsing.

Can’t see where NZ are getting these runs from now. De Grandhomme will come in playing T20 shots for a while before getting out and Watling will be left with the tail.
[emoji23][emoji23]

You can't beat some of the predictions on here.

I stopped watching at lunch but was root really the most threatening bowler? His first over should've had two wickets.

Guest Bob Mahelp

There can be very few more annoying things in sport than the fat, pink, pished up arseholes that make up the self annointed  'Barmy Army'. 

What a feckin embarrassment they are. 

There can be very few more annoying things in sport than the fat, pink, pished up arseholes that make up the self annointed  'Barmy Army'. 
What a feckin embarrassment they are. 
They're considerably better than their football counterparts.

The English barmy army started as an ironic support when England were shit - and so they've always been less irritating than other sports (rugby and football especially).

What chants or songs annoy you? Jerusalem is a beautiful song.

Slagging middle aged guys for being drunk, fat, and sunburnt is not really cool - considering its most Scottish guys on holiday as well.

They're considerably better than their football counterparts.

The English barmy army started as an ironic support when England were shit - and so they've always been less irritating than other sports (rugby and football especially).

What chants or songs annoy you? Jerusalem is a beautiful song.

Slagging middle aged guys for being drunk, fat, and sunburnt is not really cool - considering its most Scottish guys on holiday as well.

They can be a bit cringey, but usually respectful (apart from to the 3 amigos), as are most cricket fans (apart from some Indians).

It’s what I like about this part of the forum, I can post normally here whilst being a complete c**t on the rest of the site.