The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Pope is quickly becoming one of my favourite England players. Can bat for time and increase the rate where required. A real asset to have coming in at 6

I think 4, 5, 6 are pretty much stamped in for England now barring any injuries. Sibley & Burns hopefully keep improving to secure the opening spots and Crawley looks okay too. As much as I like Denly, he’s consistent but consistently a 30-50 type player and struggles to go on and make a big score. #3 and #7 are still up for grabs IMO. Buttler can’t have long left.

224-4 at the close, Pope on 39 and Stokes on 38, good steady partnership after losing those wickets earlier.

Honours pretty much even, pitch hasn't offered much for either team today.
Surely England's day?

They've usually collapsed by this point, and that pitch will be doing something in the coming days.

Surely England's day?

They've usually collapsed by this point, and that pitch will be doing something in the coming days.
Maybe just edged it due to Stokes and Pope at the end of the day, but they have started well (after a delay) this morning helped by the Saffers chucking pies. 50 up for Stokes.

Rabada fined and given 1 demerit point for his celebrations in front of root yesterday, that point means he has crossed the 4 points in 24 months threshold and will miss the next test at the Wanderers.

A bit harsh, no? He didn’t really do it towards Root.

With no Rabada or Ngidi that makes England to strong favourites for the 4th Test.