The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The current TMS podcast is pretty interesting listening. There’s a lot covered in it, including a South African analysis from Christo Buchner (sp?) which is well worth a listen.
Finally got a chance to listen to it last night. South Africa certainly have a lot of work to do, and you would presume de Kock will take over as test skipper now that Faf has stood down. The elephant in the room though is the quota system, which was introduced for sound reasons but undoubtedly limit the SA team selections in all formats.

Interesting to hear how far out of the picture Hales is, basically no chance of returning while Morgan is involved.

Finally got a chance to listen to it last night. South Africa certainly have a lot of work to do, and you would presume de Kock will take over as test skipper now that Faf has stood down. The elephant in the room though is the quota system, which was introduced for sound reasons but undoubtedly limit the SA team selections in all formats.

Interesting to hear how far out of the picture Hales is, basically no chance of returning while Morgan is involved.

Yeah. The South African guy was 1. Pretty optimistic about the SA future and 2. Quite impressed by England. I though both flew in the face of conventional thinking.

It still hasn’t been revealed why Morgan (and presumably everyone else) lack trust in Hales so much. We all know about his issues, but the trust thing is above and beyond that.

Yeah. The South African guy was 1. Pretty optimistic about the SA future and 2. Quite impressed by England. I though both flew in the face of conventional thinking.

It still hasn’t been revealed why Morgan (and presumably everyone else) lack trust in Hales so much. We all know about his issues, but the trust thing is above and beyond that.
I wonder how much of it stems from the Bristol incident. He originally tried to tell the police that he had got there after they arrived so hadn't been involved or seen anything, then by the time the story broke the next morning he had reportedly already checked out of the hotel and had buggered off to play golf, leaving Stokes to face the music alone.

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nobody watching the Woman's World Cup? Saw Australia lose their first game which much go down as a shock?

They were bamboozled by Poonam Yadav’s spin. She ended up with 4/19 and missed out on a hat-trick when the keeper fluffed her catch. Thailand managed 9/78 at the WACA with West Indies 3/80:in 16.4 overs.

Southee and Boult taking wickets early on day 4, probably last 2 proper batsmen in now.

By law I'm obliged to point out you can see my old flat from some of the shots looking over the scoreboard end and that I used to walk through the Basin Reserve every day on the way to work (it's only ever closed during international matches)